Saturday, March 26, 2011

Today's the day!

Hi everyone! Thank you so much for all your well wishes for Chesney yesterday. The surgery went well, and there is no need for any second surgery which had been a concern. She was in a lot of pain when I saw her yesterday right after surgery, but I guess that's to be expected. Hopefully today she will be feeling much better!

Well today is the day that three new artists make their debut at Squigglefly! Paulette Rich Long, Nate Owens, and Diane Knott all have some wonderful images that are available today along with some fabulous new images from your long loved artists!

My card today uses Butterfly Buddy by Nate Owens. Is this not the cutest little cat? I love the expression on his face!


(click to enlarge)

There's another one that Nate drew called Doxie Butterfly that would go with this one so well to make a cute scene. I colored this with Copic markers and then used chalk on the ground and sky. I then stamped some grass over the ground for some depth.

The edges of the designer paper were sponged with some Glorious Green ink, and the sentiment was computer generated in Kayleigh font (free HERE).

I glued some punched butterflies (from a Martha Stewart border punch) down and added some glitter. The flowers were some I pulled off of an artificial flower sprig and sponged on some green and blue ink. I punched a hole out of some designer paper and glued it to the center of the flowers. The greenery behind the flowers is from a Martha Stewart branch punch. I'm entering this in the Totally Papercrafts Challenge to make something cute and cuddly. I think this little kitty definitely qualifies! More challenges that I've seen I can enter this in are The Crafty pad - use a digi, Flutterby Wednesdays - open theme, and Phindy's place - use an animal.

Here's the inside of the card.


(click to enlarge)

Be sure to visit the design team's blogs today to see what they've done! Then go to Squigglefly and shop! Have a great weekend, and thanks for looking!

21 comments:

Stephanie said...

Holly........This is the image that I'm wanting the most! You did it justice, girlie!! Wow is your coloring just amazing! Wonderful, wonderful card and wooooo hoooooo to the 3 new artists. ***wink, wink*** I have a card made with the Doxie that matches your kitty on my blog today, too! ***wink, wink***

Sara I. said...

So happy to hear that her surgery was a success and that she doesn't need a 2nd!!! Continuing to keep her in my prayers for a speedy recovery! Love your card - so pretty with those flowers and I especially love what you did with the corner of the cs. Awesome font choice, too!!

Shawna said...

Fabulous card! Your colorin' is perfect and so is the background paper you chose to go with this cute image. Love that you used flowers from an artificial bouquet.... great idea!I have already been cruising through the new images and checking out some older ones ----- until the site locked up. Must be a bunch of people checking everything out! Love the new images!!!

freida said...

What wonderful news on Ches! SOOO glad she won't need the 2nd one! I will continue to keep her in my prayers for s speedy recovery. Hopefully she'll be on her feet in no time.

Boy, Squigglefly has definitely done it this time! I knew I was in trouble when the page first opened! :) haha The new artists DID NOT disappoint...and just think, these are just the appetizers! I LOVE what Ches and Lynne have out too! I thought I was grocery shopping my cart was so full (minus the big bill, of course!)! :) teehee

Your card was my inspiration for getting that image also! Oh what a FABULOUS job you did! These colors are one of my favorite color combos and the DP you used is perfect...oh I love it! This card design is so fabulous, Holly...wonderful sketch! I'm also known to use flowers from bunches ...saves me $$ to buy more images with! :) LOL Thanks for the font link...had to grab that too! ;) And your sentiment, inside and out, completes the card beautifully! You outdid yourself on this one, girlie!

I definitely plan to make time to visit the DTs blogs today! It's so hard for me to get to all the ones I enjoy because I'm so slow about checking out every single detail of their designs. But one of my good friends on Facebook posted she had discovered the most AWESOME blog that catered to her kind of humor...guess whose it was...our very own Marlene!!! :) yep, small world!

Hugs~

Marlene said...

Oh this kitty is so STINKIN' cute!!! He looks like he's waiting to have a snack! LOL!!!

hoptownracer1 said...

So glad that her surgery went well, and she doesn't have to have a second one! Hope she is feeling better quickly!
Cute kitty card!

aqualeiga said...

Your card is adorable, and I do love those tiny butterflies! Thank you for sharing with us at THE CRAFTY PAD this week. Hugs, Ali x

Mel M. M. McCarthy said...

So ultra cute. Love the pencil lines in Nate's art. Incredible. Especially how you've coloured it. And the way you put the wee butterflies: perfect!

Holley (Tondre) Barnhart said...

That digi stamp is super cute! Love the card you made with it.

*Vicki* said...

First of all, I'm so happy to hear that her surgery went well hun!! And oh boy do I LOVE your card hun!! The colors are brilliant and I think this fellow is just the cutest!! :) Great new images!!! Enjoy your weekend!!HUGS

Tammy said...

What a relief that surgery was a success and Chesney came through it just fine. She'll be her ole self very quickly.

Love the card. That image is just hilarious!

Ellis said...

Wonderful new images! =)
Hugs, Elenor

Barbara said...

What a Fab card, Holly. Yes, I do love this adorable image and you colored it beautifully. All the many details on your card combine to make it a masterpiece!!Thanks for joining us this week at The Crafty Pad for our "use a digi" challenge. We hope to see you again on Sunday for our next challenge:)

Maria Matter said...

so glad the surgery went well, she'll be feeling good again in no time!!

super cute card Holly!
hugs & blessings

Nate Owens said...

Holly - great use of my little doodle... looks wonderful!

Dana said...

So cute Holly!! I love all the new artists!! Great news about Chesney too!!
Hugs~
Dana

Dawn Frost said...

Beautiful card Holly, love those flowers and branches!

Danni said...

Saw this image on Vicki's blog and it just makes me giggle! Fabulous card!! Thank you for playing along with my flutter by challenge!

Kathy said...

What a cute image, this really made me smile! Thanks for joining us at Phindy's Place this week! Hope you'll play again next week.

Sue said...

Hi Holly
a fabulous card, super cute image, pretty papers & embelies, great design,thank you for joining us at Totally Papercrafts this week, hope to see you next time, sue,x

Nancy said...

Adorable!! I love this image, and the other one that you referenced!! Thanks for fluttering with us this week at Flutter By Wednesday!!