Friday, March 25, 2011

TWO MORE SNEAK PEEKS!

Hi everyone and happy Friday! This morning my youngest daughter Chesney will be heading to the hospital to have her gallbladder removed. Poor thing has had terrible stomach pains and went to the doctor the day before yesterday. The doctor sent her to get an ultrasound done yesterday morning and it showed a lot of stones which meant she could have another attack at any time. It's also affecting her liver. so, surgery has been scheduled for 10:30 this morning. This is her first major surgery and she's nervous about it. Please say a little prayer for her that all goes well and that her recovery is quick!

Well, the long awaited release of new images at Squigglefly is tomorrow! I've got TWO cards to share with you today.

This first one uses an older image by Angie Davis called Spring Tree. I can't tell you how much I love this image. It's one of my all time favorites and one I go to again and again.



(click to enlarge)

I paired it with a sentiment (Spring China) that will be available tomorrow. I love this sentiment! It just fits the beginning of Spring perfectly because it really is as if nature sets out her best china during the Spring.

I colored this with copic markers and chalk, and then I went to town with some faux flower soft on the tree. The little circle border on the side of the card is one I did with my new Cricut!

Here's a photo I took of some crab apple trees at the park yesterday - you can see where I get my inspiration!


(click to enlarge)


This next card is a new one from Lynne Stansbery.

Wishing Well comes with the image and the sentiment.


(click to enlarge)

I colored this with Copic markers and used chalk for the sky. The background is a large floral background stamp from Sonlight Rubber Stamps. I got the lace trim from Hobby Lobby the last time I shopped there. I think this would be really cute as a birthday card too if you changed the sentiment to "make a wish".

Be sure to drop by the store tomorrow to see all the new images and welcome Paulette Rich Long, Nate Owens, and Diane Knott to Squigglefly! Have a great day, and thanks for looking!

18 comments:

Elaine A said...

Hi Holly -

Sending lots of prayers, love and get well wishes to Chesney. Having had to go through emergency gall bladder surgery myself a few years ago, I know it does not tickle. Keeping her in my thoughts.
I love your cards. They are just so beautiful. And what an awesome photo of the crabapple trees in the park. I love the reflection you captured in the water.

Elaine Allen

Sara I. said...

So sorry to hear that your littlest one is going thru all that - will definately keep her in my prayers that all goes well during her surgery and that she's back on her feet soon. Gorgeous cards - especially love the flowersoft on the trees!!! Beautiful coloring on both cards !

Dawn Frost said...

I love your flower soft tree, absolutely beautiful Holly. The highlights you gave your wishing well, gorgeous!

Shawna said...

Hugs and prayers to Miss Chesney! Isn't that wishing well the cutest!! Lovin' your spring tree, too with that fabulous addition of your very own faux flower soft. You've been a busy girl!
PS I am very envious of your lovely trees all in bloom........we just got more snow yesterday with another storm predicted. BUT, they's saying next week we might get SPRING!

*Vicki* said...

So sorry to hear about Chesney hun!! I hope that all goes well and she'll be recovery quickly! Send her big hugs! :)

BOTH of your creations are just gorgeous today Holly!! I really love the flower soft on the trees and boy would I love to see that right now!! Brace yourself...it's snowing here this morning! ACCCK! Not enough to accumulate I'm sure...but it's snow! :) So..you thinking about swapping me places now?!! LOL!

freida said...

Ohhh I'm sooo sorry to hear about Ches! Bless her heart! Please give her a hug for me and tell her she is in my thoughts and prayers. I'll be praying that everything goes well and she is feeling better pronto!

Well I see 2 more sentiments that will be added to my stash! These are incredible and I LOVE the fonts used! I've used this tree image many, many times but have always been too lazy to use the faux flower soft...must do that!!! It just adds sooo much to that fabulous tree! The wishing well is AMAZING! Lynne always puts so much thought into her details to make her images over the top! This is such a great image that could be used for so many occasions! The lace and your die cut really finishes both cards off with flair! I have a feeling, when I see the new images tomorrow, my budget is going out the window!

Your photo looks like a post card! The trees look as though they were hand painted and what an incredible reflection you captured! You're such a photography pro! :)

I'll be thinking about all of you this morning. I know how hard it is to see your baby (HUSH, Ches, you'll always be mom's baby no matter how old you are!) have to undergo any type of surgery. I pray everything goes well and she'll have a speedy recovery.

Sending BIG hugs~

Becky said...

Your cards are gorgeous! Love the flower soft on the tree.

Beautiful photo.

Heather Strenzwilk said...

Poor Chesney- I'm wishing her a speedy recovery.

I love the new sentiment- and I love how you paired it with the Angie Davis tree and added fluff to it. What a clever idea.

bumblebee creations said...

Awhhh...good wishes for a quick recovery for your baby girl!! Love both of your cards today!!! wishing you well---how cute is that?!!!

scripperscrapper said...

Thougts and prayers to Chesney, hope everything goes well for her.
Your card is adorable, what a great image!! Have a great weekend.
~Lisa a.k.a. ScripperScrapper

Tammy said...

Ouch, so sorry to hear about Chesney. I've been through those attacks and they are horrible. Got rid of my gallbladder 20+ years ago and haven't missed it yet! I'll keep her in my prayers.

Great cards, especially like the flocking on the first one. Can't wait to see all the new releases tomorrow.

Dana said...

Wow!! Definitely praying for Chesney! My niece just went through this last week and she's young like your daughter too! I was shocked when my brother told me. All went well on our end and I am sure it will for you too but it IS scary to be in the hospital for any reason, no less a surgery!!
Your cards are both so cute and what a clever "get Well" message!!
Hugs~
Dana

Patricia St Martin said...

Holly, Love the images.... You did a wonderful job with them. Can not wait to see all the new one. You are a BIG TEE'S...
Hug

Mel M. M. McCarthy said...

Gorgeous sneaks. Love the way you make the spring tree bloom with beautiful fuzzy soft flowers & that new sentiment is perfect. That wishing well is too cute too--what a sweet punny sentiment, heehee.

Reflections from Granny said...

They are both so pretty and I do love how you got your inspiration, nature is always filled with so many surprises and full of color.

Thank you for sharing these.

Marlene said...

I hope everything went well with Chesney's surgery! Been thinking about her. :)

Do love your gorgeous cards, as always. Boy, I think I need to live where YOU live!

Inger said...

All Good Wishes for Chesney, hope she gets well soon! :)
Your cards are very beautiful Holly!!

♥ Inger

Stephanie said...

Holly......Both of these cards are featuring my 2nd and 3rd favorites!!! I just loved both the sentiment and the wishing well when I saw them this morning. You did an amazing job on the coloring on the wishing well.......And your tree is just gorgeous with the Flower Soft!! Lovely cards!