Wednesday, March 16, 2011

We Are Family

Hi everyone! I sure had a good time yesterday reading your guesses as to what the kitchen utensil is! The correct answer is an avocado slicer, and Jane from Ladybug Arts is the winner! I never would have guessed what this was since it just doesn't seem like you'd need a special slicer for an avocado! I am also going to send another little prize to Elaine Allen for being the first person to actually comment on my card! LOL! Ya'll got so involved in guessing the utensil that my card was lost in the post! Elaine, I have your address but Jane, if you will write me at usyungs@gmail.com and give me your address I'll mail your prize!

The card I have to share today is another one that I made a while back and just haven't shared. I made this for one of Mothermark's Teapartys and the requirement was that it have an owl on it. I went for a family of owls using Angie Davis's Owl Family image.



(click to enlarge)

There's not really anything special to say about this card; everything is pretty obvious what I did. I do hope you enjoy it though! Hopefully I will have some newer stuff to share with you soon. Have a wonderful day, and thanks for looking!

20 comments:

Renee said...

oh how cute this is! i LOVE your colorful owls, great design! hugz n blessings.

Rosie said...

I LOVE that card it's sooo cute! I'm partial to owls! I think they're adorable!

*Vicki* said...

LOL!! I would've never guessed what that kitchen utensil was...I am not a fan of avocados anyway!

But I love your owl creation Holly!! Your coloring is so beautiful!! HUGS

Linda said...

Ahh so sweet!

Elaine A said...

Hi Holly -

You are just too funny! Thank you for being so sweet and sending me a little gift. Congratulations to Jane on her win.
Holly I love this sweet little card. I got a kick out the eyes on the owelets!

Elaine Allen

bumblebee creations said...

what a fun family of owls you have created with!! It is perfect Holly!

Pam in Ar. said...

Love the way she's looking over her shoulder :)

Becky said...

What a cute and colorful family :)

Jane said...

Love the owls eyes. How cute.

Dawn Frost said...

Love the little owls and their eyes! I barely make one card a day (mostly every 2 days) let alone have an extra card to post, lol!

Shawna said...

What a cute little owly card! Great mix of patterned paper, too!

Marlene said...

These owls are so adorable. I love the way their eyes are going in different directions! LOL!

Avocado slicer huh? Could of sworn it was a pooper scooper of sorts.

Patricia St Martin said...

Your little Owl family is so cute. Like the layout of your card ab=nd the coloring is so nice.

Chris Olsen, Glowbug said...

What a fun owl family, Holly!! Love your layout and the ribbon with the button. Fun paper and card!!
hugs,
Chris

Tammy said...

Very sweet card Holly, love this family. Wished they lived here instead of the pigeons.

Reflections from Granny said...

Adorable card, you really made the owls stand out, :)

bumblebee creations said...

AWH..missing you today Holly!! (3-17-11) Happy St. Patty's day to ya!

freida said...

I LOVE this lil family! So full of personality with their expressions! The DP you used really bring out your coloring! Such a cute card!

Spring Break is winding down here so soon we'll all be on our regular routines....thank goodness! :)
Hope you have a fabulous St Patty's Day!

Hugs

Inger said...

Such a cute card Holly!!
Love that adorable owl family! :-))
Have a lovely weekend.


♥ Hugs, Inger

Mel M. M. McCarthy said...

Oh MAN! This is just way too cute, Holly. LOVE the colours madly! What a sweet image.