Tuesday, March 8, 2011

whopper of a birthday

Good morning! I hope you had a chance to see what the Squigglefly design team has done in this week's Grateful for Green challenge. They really made some amazing cards! I still haven't had a chance to make my card for that challenge, but my mind is working on one.

In the meantime, I do have another birthday card to share with you. This one would be perfect for the fisherman.


(click to enlarge)

The image is called Another Fish Story and is drawn by Lynne Stansbery. I colored with Copic markers and used a little stickles on the fish. Here's the inside


(click to enlarge)

The inside sentiment is computer generated and then I used a template to do the black circles underneath.

Have you notice the number of followers rising? Well, I have and I've been gathering things on my shopping trips for a blog candy to celebrate - so look for that soon! I hope you have a great day, and thanks for looking!

13 comments:

Elaine A said...

Hi Holly -

Love this card! You just amaze me with your coloring. Great guy card,love it. Love the sentiment also.

Elaine Allen

*Vicki* said...

LOL!! Wonderful sentiment for this image Holly!! It's the perfect masculine creation!! HUGS

Shawna said...

Great guy card! Your coloring, as always, rocks!!

Pam in Ar. said...

Finding a card for a man is like trying to find clothes for boys in the department store....hard to find!!! You did an awesome job Holly :)

Kim said...

Great "man" card!!!!

Linda said...

This is perfect for the men in my family. Wonderful card!

Tammy said...

Great sentiment for a fisherman's birthday. Awesome coloring.

Stef H (Glitterbabe) said...

something's fishy here.... lol. fabulous card!

hugs :)

bumblebee creations said...

what a perfect guy card Holly! Love your sentiment!

Marlene said...

First - great card....perfect for a fisherman! That dude so reminds me of Kojak, though! Remember him?

congrats on the new followers, too!

Dawn Frost said...

Great image and lovely colouring Holly! Love the simple background so the fisherman stands out. Nice!

Patricia St Martin said...

Holly, real nice job on you fisher man. He is a nice image. I still have not done him but I will. I have some great stamps that will go with him. You did a nice job coloring.

freida said...

Oh I LOVE Lynne's image, and your coloring, with the touch of sparkle, brings it to life! LOVE this layout too! This is THE perfect guy card!

Hugs~