Friday, March 11, 2011

Wild Flowers

Hi everyone! Happy Friday! Tomorrow is Saturday, and you should know by now that that means there are new images being released at Squigglefly! My card today uses a sentiment that will be available in tomorrow's release.


(click to enlarge)

The flower is called Wild Flower by Jane Beljo. It's not new, but the sentiment is! I think it's a sweet sentiment to send to someone for a "just because" card and it's also perfect for spring!

I colored this with colored pencils and then cut it out letting some of the image come out of the box. The edges of the sentiment and the card are sponged with real Red and Only Orange inks.

We are leaving for Memphis tomorrow to visit Ashley. It will be good to see her - it's been such a long time since we have! Anyway, I will have to get busy packing stuff this evening after work. I hope you have a fabulous Friday, and thanks for looking!

15 comments:

Elaine A said...

Hi Holly -

What a sweet card and I really love the sentiment. You've done a wonderful job on it. Enjoy your time with Ashley.

Elaine Allen

Kim said...

This is so sweet Holly!

Carole RB said...

Hi Holly

Very nice card.

Have a nice weekend

Linda said...

Beautiful card Holly. I love the image and the sentiment. Have a wonderful visit with Ashley.

freida said...

What a perfect card for Spring, and I love that sentiment! (wish all my weeds were!)How you inked the edges is a fabulous way to bring out the colors in the flower. Such a cheerful card!

I hope y'all have a fun and safe trip. I think the weather should be perfect for ya! This will be my first weekend at home in ages and I'm hoping to get locked in my scraproom. :)

Hugs...and give one to Ash for me

Becky said...

Loving this flower Holly, wonderful sentiment.

Dawn Frost said...

What a fabulous sentiment! Love it Holly!

bumblebee creations said...

Tell Ashley HI for me when you see her!! I love this new sentiment!! Such a cute card!

*Vicki* said...

So pretty Holly!! Great Spring colors and I love that sentiment!! Have a great weekend!!HUGS

Tracey said...

Hi Holly, I hope you are well :) I love this pretty card & that sentiment is fab!
Enjoy your weekend.
Hugs
Tracey
xx

Tammy said...

Great card and have a safe trip!

Lori m said...

Very pretty and I love the sentiment you chose.

Blessings!

Pam in Ar. said...

My grandson picked me some weeds last week...they're still blooming in the vase we put them in...Love the card :) Have a great weekend Holly.....

Stef H (Glitterbabe) said...

gorgeous card! have a fun and safe trip. hugs to ashley!

hugs to you:)

Marlene said...

Have a fabulous time with Ashley!!!

LOVE the card...very pretty! I need to pick your brain some day about that outta the box technique.