Thursday, April 14, 2011

Cats and bugs

Hi everyone! I hope you are all doing great. The weather here has been really pretty, and I've been enjoying it before it gets too hot to. I know it won't be much longer before that happens!

I have a card I made for the Clean and Simple challenge at the Outlawz to share today. the challenge requires not only that the card design be clean and simple, but we had to use the color blue, at least two punches, and one of the sheets of card stock or paper you used had to be plain - no embossing or stamping on it.


(click to enlarge)

I picked out the cute little Curious Kitty by Nate Owens for my card. I colored the image with Copic markers and chalk and then stamped some grass sprigs over the chalk. My two punches are both from Martha Stewart - the butterfly and the flower border. I added some pearls from an old necklace to the butterfly's body and made some swirls on the wings with a Quickie glue pen and then sprinkled on some glitter.

I found the perfect little ladybug charm in my stash and attached it to the bow with a couple of jump rings. I may add a sentiment to this before mailing it off, but until I know who it's going to and for what occasion I'll wait.

You still have time to play along in Squigglefly's fabric and stitching challenge! Don't be afraid - you can use faux stitching if you don't like to sew! You can win a free image of your choosing - or be surprised with a new one before it's released, but you can win if you don't play! Also, if you haven't yet become a follower of Squigglefly's blog - do it now! When they reach 400 followers they are going to give us TWO NEW FREE SHY BEAR images!

Have a fabulous day, and thanks for looking!

8 comments:

Shawna said...

The look on the kitty's face is priceless and I love the addition of the ladybug charm! Nicely colored, too, Holly. Very nice!

Linda W. said...

Remember way back when we first started hearing the Master Card commercial about priceless".....your card reminds me of that. Just the cutest! From a fur baby lover!

*Vicki* said...

Girl, you know I'm going to comment anyway...right?!! :) This image is just the cutest!! I adore this kitty and your coloring makes him even more special!! Have a great day friend!! Smiles, Vicki

Anonymous said...

Love it, Love it.

cute image and you have brought it to life.

cat s.

Dawn Frost said...

Great job Holly, I'd have a hard time using background paper with nothing stamped or embossed on it! Love how you coloured the kitty and the grass.

Stef H (Glitterbabe) said...

this is super duper ca-ute!

how r u? been a while and i'm sorry. hope all is well. miss you.

hugs :)

Tammy said...

Wonderful card. Love the extra detailing you added.

Marlene said...

CUTE CUTE CUTE!!! That image is adorable and I love the little added ladybug charm & butterfly. Perfect accents!