Thursday, April 7, 2011

Charming Humor

Good morning everyone! I hope you are having a great week. We've had quite a lot of wind here lately! It's blowing the pollen around like crazy. Poor Riley has allergies every spring, and this year she has developed "dry eye" from it. We are having to put drops in her eyes every night. I swear this dog has cost us so much money it's not even funny, but we love her and think she's worth it.

I have a fun card to share with you today. This is another one that wasn't done for any particular challenge or occasion, just for sending someone a laugh.



(click to enlarge)

This beautiful "charming" Frog Prince was drawn by Johanna Westerman Rhodehamel for Squigglefly. Johanna is one of Squigglefly's newest artists and I love the detail in her images.

I colored with Copic markers and used one of the realistic cat eyes for the frog's eye. I love using those things! Of course I had to add a little sparkle to his crown with glitter! I embossed a piece of card stock with the swiss dots embossing folder and then punched the corners with a notch punch. Then I wrapped some iridescent metallic thread around the card letting the notches hold it in place.

The sentiment was computer generated. The inside says "Just the one wearing the crown". I mean wouldn't it be easy to spot which frog was the prince if they wore little crowns on their heads? LOL!

Squigglefly will be having a fabulous release this weekend with THREE NEW ARTISTS making their debut! We are super excited to announce Alecia Blake, Joy Hall, and Janet Jones as the newest artists to join Squigglefly! I hope you'll be sure to come take a look in the store this weekend!

There's still time for you to join in the "They're Only Words" challenge going on at the Squigglefly Blog too! Come play with us - it's fun and you could win one of the new images coming this weekend!

Have a fabulous day, and thanks for looking!

13 comments:

eiyiyi said...

Love it, Holly!

Dana said...

So cute Holly!! I love those eyes too! Poor Riley! Hope he finds some relief ; )
Hugs~
Dana

Shawna said...

That frog looks so realistic and I love the thread treatment. Poor Riley! I can relate.

LaVerne said...

I just may have to get that image. I love frogs!! Great card, Holly.

Sara I. said...

How adorable! Love the embossing!

Becky said...

This is cute Holly, love those eyes, where did you get them?

freida said...

Poor Riley! We would make a great pair right now...oh I just want to go back to bed! ACHOOOOO!!!

Boy, Johanna really knows how to make a debut! This frog looks sooo realistic with her details and your coloring! AMAZING! Love how you used the metallic thread and those eyes get me every time I see them! Yep...I think your sentiment should be words to live by too...surely would cut down on the warts!

Have a good one, luv!
Hugs~

Patricia St Martin said...

Really cute... Grealt coloring.

*Vicki* said...

Oh Holly, you've colored this so beautifully!! I'm loving the shine on his eye!! :) That sentiment (inside too)...is so funny!! I think I kissed the wrong frog...put he's a keeper anyway!! LOL!!

Elaine M said...

Oh WOW - fantastic job coloring this image!! I've not heard of "realistic cat eyes" before - where do you find them?

Marlene said...

What a cute card, Holly! I love the cat eye thingamabob you used for his little froggy eye! And the sentiment cracks me up....oh yeah, I've seen quite a few frogs wearing crowns!

Reflections from Granny said...

Your cards have the cutest sentiments and colored designs.

Mel M. M. McCarthy said...

Amazing! That eye is the coolest thing ever. Fits Mr. Frog Prince perfectly. Love the sentiment. (I'm lazy with those too. LOL) Thanks for keepin' me "hoppin" with all the great inspiration. (ynuk Ynuk) ;O)