Friday, April 29, 2011

Clean and simple featured card

Hi everyone. Yay for Friday! I have not been doing much crafting this week. My mojo seems to be in a slump. I do have a card to share with you that I made for the featured stamper challenge on Splitcoast Stampers a few weeks ago though, so not all is lost!

If you want to see the card I CASED you can see it HERE. On my card, I used the same embossing folder, but I printed my image and sentiment before embossing it.

(click to enlarge)

My image is one from the Spring Suite III set drawn by Rich Davis. I used some little pearls taken from an old necklace for the butterfly's body and used some yellow stickles in the center of the flowers. This is another one that is quick to make if you're looking at mass producing some cards for your stash. I seem to be in that mode lately for some reason.

After all the storms, the flooding has begun and the river is UP! It has flooded the park where we usually go walk with Riley. Yesterday we went to take a look and still found enough pathways to walk. It sure is interesting seeing it like that though!

I wish you all a happy day and a great start to your weekend! Thanks for looking!


12 comments:

Roxann said...

Very pretty, Holly! Perfect CAS!

Nana Bev said...

This card is lovely. The scrolling really sests off the image. Nice work, Holly.

Sara I. said...

The embossed frame!! Gorgeous CAS card!!

Linda W. said...

Oh I do love this card - the simplicity of the elegance of it all. Beautiful Holly. Stay safe around the flooded park!

Becky said...

This is so pretty Holly. Love the embossing and love the details of the butterfly.

Reflections from Granny said...

Very pretty the pearls added just the right bling. :)

Shawna said...

I love your card Holly --- the addition of those little pearls was perfect. Stay safe with those awful storms!

*Vicki* said...

Oh so very stunning Holly!! I love the white with the embossing!! I have this one and haven't even used it yet!! ACK!!

Vicki said...

Very nice Holly...I love that embossing folder and don't use it as much as I should...I like CAS! Be careful with that rising water! Today we have SUNSHINE!!! I am not lying when I say it is something we have not seen much of for almost 2 weeks! Hope you have a wonderful weekend Holly!

HUGS!
Vicki

Marlene said...

'tis BEAUTIFUL! I love that embossing! Such a pretty card. I'd hardly say your mojo is lacking. Pfffft.

Dawn Frost said...

I love that frame Holly, it so versatile and gorgeous! The pearls on the butterfly an dthe beads on the flower add so much and its still CAS, love it!

bumblebee creations said...

I love this simple and clean card--it is gorgeous!