Thursday, April 21, 2011

everything's coming up tulips

Good morning everyone! Another night and day of storms kept me from posting yesterday. I do love thunderstorms and rain, but the tornadoes and sheer winds I can do without. I hope all of you who experienced the same storms are well!

To make up for no card yesterday though, I have TWO cards to share with you today! The Technique Lover's Challenge on Splitcoast stampers was a fun one this week. The theme is "The Same, but Different" and you have to make two cards that use the same things but change them up a bit. You can change the sentiment only if your sentiment isn't the focus of the card.

Then on Tuesday Mothermark's Teaparty had a tulip theme, so I chose to make two tulip cards using the Tulips image from Squigglefly.





(click to enlarge)

On the first card I used the Birthday Wishes sentiment from Squigglefly and went with pink tulips.

I went orange tulips with the second card and used my favorite Birthday Wishes sentiment and sponged a little Only Orange and Yo Yo Yellow around it.

(click to enlarge)

Both of these are super quick and easy, no frills cards. They'd be good ones to have on hand in your card stash!

Still time to play along in Squigglefly's challenge this week - and it's as easy as they come so there's no excuse if you're making cards anyway to not play. I wish you a great day, and thanks for looking!

12 comments:

Susan said...

Hi Holly,
I think you have 'enabled' me to get this image as I love tulips. They are my favourite flower. Gorgeous cards!
Susan xxox
http://stamponme.blogspot.com/

Shawna said...

Fabulous card for mass producing. Glad you are safe and sound from that crazy, weather. We had a dusting of snow last night. NO commnent on that. Have a great day!

freida said...

So glad y'all escaped damage from these recent storms we've been having. We've only lost a few roofing tiles, but neighbors have lost some huge trees, but no injuries thank God!

These cards are fabulous! Using DP such as what you used here, you could have tulips in every color! This is such a beautiful image and could be used for so many occasions! Great cards! :)

Hugs~

Sara I. said...

Adorable papers!! And love how you colored the tulips!

Dawn Frost said...

Beautiful tulips Holly! Love your background paper so sparkly!

*Vicki* said...

Simply beautiful Holly!! Love the colors and I'm such a plaid lover for some reason!! :)

Reflections from Granny said...

Such pretty cards, and I love tulips, ours went back into hiding, we've had snow three times this week so I don't blame them. :) Lori m

bumblebee creations said...

I wish tulips were showing up around here! But no, instead we got another 5 to 6 inches of snow! The kids didn't even have school yesterday because of it!! Love your card Holly!!!

Marlene said...

These are pretty, and you're absolutely right - it's nice to have a stash of these on hand, for sure!

Dana said...

Great cards Holly!! I LOVE tulips.. ok, I love ALL flowers!! You're right, I should have a bunch like these made up ready to go in a pinch!
Have a Blessed Easter!!
Hugs~
Dana

Elaine A said...

Holly -

Love these cards. Your choice of papers to compliment the tulips is perfect. And speaking of perfect, I love how the tulips turned out, wonderful coloring technique.

Elaine Allen

Maria Matter said...

beautiful coloring Holly! these are lovely!
With all the rain we've been getting, I'm hoping something starts blooming soon! Tulips are so pretty!
Happy Easter!!
hugs & blessings!