Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Featured Flowers

Happy Hump Day everyone! I want to thank everyone who has sent me e mails asking about the storms. We are fine, but the tornado did pass by our house way too close for comfort! The one we had Monday night was absolutely massive - 3 miles wide! Sirens went on for hours and we did take cover in our hidey hole ( hall bathroom) for a few minutes when it was so close. It did hit a small town about 20 miles away from us and from all reports pretty much destroyed it.

More storms moved in yesterday afternoon and spawned more tornadoes! Thankfully last night's storms were not as severe for us as Monday's .


Today's card is another one I did for the Featured Stamper challenge. This one has absolutely no stamping or digital images used. It's almost all punch art!
If you would like to see the card I CASED you can view it HERE.


(click to enlarge)

This was fun to make, and I think it's another one that would be easy to mass produce for your stash. I die cut three ovals from kraft card stock and then cut one end off. I sponged with some Close to cocoa ink along the edges with a little more on one side for shadow.

The flowers were assorted punches and the leaves are Martha Stewart's branch punch. I sponged some Glorious Green ink on them. I used some blue rain dots for the center of the flowers. The butterfly is also a Martha Stewart punch and I sponged some bliss Blue ink on the edges and then sprinkled on some glitter. Little pearls were used for the butterfly body.
The sentiment is one I created on the computer.

There's some wonderful cards being entered in Squigglefly's Black and White challenge! You should swing by and take a look at some of them and then enter one yourself! I hope you have a great day, and thanks for looking!

12 comments:

Tammy said...

So clever Holly, love blue with brown, always striking. Thank goodness you are safe, please stay that way.

Becky said...

This is so cool..I love the it!

bumblebee creations said...

oh yikes!! I am so glad that we do not have too many of that kinds of storms around here! I love love love your card Holly--I think I may have to case that one!! Gorgeous!!

Linda said...

So happy to hear that you are safe! That weather is so scary.
Love your card.

Reflections from Granny said...

Picture perfect card, love the chocolate with the blue flowers. :)

Linda W. said...

I love to mass produce cards - many of mine are sent on over to the troops so your method of producing this lovely chocolate/brown card is just awesome! So rich and delicate looking and yet so easy!

Just gorgeous!

cat said...

Great job Holly.
Love these thanks for the idea.

cat s.

Marlene said...

WHAT?!! A card with no images?!! Are you feeling ok? ;)

Actually it is a beautiful card. I love it...very pretty!

Tornadoes near by?!!! Woman, I'm jealous!!! (Not of the destruction they cause or anything...but I'm dying to CHASE one!) I know, crazy looney Marlooney.

Dana said...

Very pretty card Holly!! I am so glad you are all ok!! This spring has been one for the record books! Hubby even cancelled a fishing tournament for this weekend because Tablerock Lake is up 20 feet!!
Hugs~
Dana

Deena said...

So pretty Holly, and clever punch art too!
smiles,Deena

Vicki said...

Ohhh Holly, love that punch art! I like that leaf punch...am gonna have to find it! I am so glad to hear you are safe! Hopefully we will see an end to this storm pattern and the destruction/loss of life it has left behind.

HUGS!
Vicki

*Vicki* said...

Oh so beautiful Holly!! I love the three repeated flowers and the sparkly butterfly!! :)