Monday, April 25, 2011

featuring the spotlight technique

Hi everyone! I hope you had a wonderful Easter! I had a great weekend! One of my sisters came to town and we got to spend some great quality time together. She was here for her granddaughter's Taekwondo tournament. her granddaughter is eleven years old and is already a third degree black belt! She ranks ninth in the world for Taekwondo form. I think that's just amazing.

Riley killed a snake in our yard on Saturday, then later in the day she found a turtle and hid and found him for a while, and later that night she got a possum in our yard! She was really strutting her stuff she was so proud of herself!

Yesterday was a gorgeous Easter Sunday! The temperature got a little warm in the afternoon, but then some clouds moved in a breeze picked up and it was lovely to be outside.

Did you take time out of your holiday festivities to see the new release at Squigglefly? Some really cute new images are there, so be sure to take a peek! Before you buy, go check out the blog for a discount code! The new challenge is up today too, so you can check that out and then grab the discount!


I've got a featured stamper card to share with you today. This was done for the challenge a few weeks ago. If you want to see the card I chose to CASE you can see it HERE.

Here is my card


(click to enlarge)

I used the Hummingbird (freebie from Squigglefly HERE) and colored with Copic markers. Then I cut it out with a circle die. The image is printed again on a white panel that is also cut with a die. The large white panel is embossed and then I clipped the corners and stuck pearls there.

This was a pretty quick card to make since there isn't a lot of coloring involved. I think this would make a cute note card set to make and then stamp or print different greetings on each one of them to make it a nice variety of cards to give as a gift.

They are saying we are going to get more storms tonight! I hope it isn't another night of sirens! Well, have a happy Monday and thanks for looking!

9 comments:

Tammy said...

Wow, Riley must be exhausted from chasing the wildlife. Love your card, the spotlight technique is fabulous.

Reflections from Granny said...

Pretty card, I like how you used the bracket accents. :) Lori m

bumblebee creations said...

Love this technique Holly!! gorgeous card!

Becky said...

Beautiful card Holly, love how you spot lighted this.

Elaine A said...

Hi Holly -

I love how this card turned out. It is so elegant looking. And Ms. Riley is a pip. Quite the big game hunter isn't she? LOL!

Elaine Allen

Marlene said...

Very cool technique! Beautiful card.

Riley, good dog. kill ALL SNAKES. :)

Vicki said...

Hello Holly! Geez I would say Riley was having a fun Easter weekend too! And what an accomplishment for an 11 year old! Wow...Holly I love the technique you used on your card today! I have seen it done a few times but have never tried it myself! Very serene card. Stay safe in the storms!

HUGS!
Vicki

Dana said...

Sounds like Riley had a great day!! I love how you spotlighted the hummingbird, it looks fantastic!
Hugs~
Dana

Dawn Frost said...

Wow a snake, turtle AND possum! Totally amazing where you live. Love how you did the spotlight on the hummingbird!