Sunday, April 17, 2011

Last minute Easter cards

Hi everyone! Are you having a great weekend? It's a gorgeous one here even if it is a little windy. It's cooler and perfect weather for being outdoors. I spent a lot of time outside picking up tree branches that had blown into our yard from the storm and pruning back bushes. Brock mowed and used a blower to blow away the continuous pollen that keeps raining down, so the yard looks great!

I spent a little bit of time making a couple of last minute Easter cards. I joined in a couple of challenges too! This card is for a couple of them. The 2 sisters challenge has a fun Bingo challenge. You choose any three things in a row on the "bingo" card. I chose punches or die cuts, glitter, and flowers.

This also fits in the My Sheri challenge to use bunnies, and the sketch is from Sketch Saturday!


(click to enlarge)

I used the beautiful Bunny Basket drawn by Marla Shega for my card. I colored with Copic markers and chalked around the image a little.

The flowers were some white artificial ones I picked off of their stems and colored with Copic markers. I added some orange rain dots in the center of the flowers. The designer paper on the bottom has yellow stickles added to the center of the flowers for a little sparkle.

Today is the last day to join in the Squigglefly challenge, so if you have some extra crafting time today why not play along? I hope you have a great Sunday, and thanks for looking!

16 comments:

eiyiyi said...

Absolutely stunning Holly!

Shawna said...

This is GORGEOUS Holly! Your coloring is superb!

Linda said...

This is so pretty! I love the basket of bunnies.

Betty J Schaub said...

Oh Holly! What an awesome job of coloring!!! Those bunnies and flowers are beautiful!

My Sheri CRAFTS said...

I love all the colors you made this basket! So Spring-y and pretty! Thanks for sharing with us this week!

Tammy said...

Absolutely beautiful! Your coloring is fabulous.

Becky said...

Oh..What a cute image and fabulous card Holly.

suevan911 said...

Very cute filled basket! Thanks for joining us this week at My Sheri Crafts!

Dana said...

This is gorgeous Holly! I love the chalked background. I really need to try that!
Hugs~
Dana

Dawn Frost said...

Beautiful image Holly love the chaulk around it! It makes it so soft but give it so much depth.

Patricia St Martin said...

Holly, Love the bunnies in the basket you did a wonderful job coloring them. When you get a chance stop by my blog I have something for you.

Marlene said...

Gorgeousness! That basket looks so dimensional - beautifully colored!

Reflections from Granny said...

So pretty, they make you want to just reach out and cuddle them. :)

Zulma said...

Ohh! this is so beautiful, nice image(good job colouring)color combo and elements on the bingo board. Thanks for playing with us at 2SC this week, good luck!
Zulma DT.

Sandra said...

Gorgeous card...such a lovely image and coloured perfectly...great take on the sketch too!...thanks for joining us this week at Sketch Saturday.

Take care
San x

Elaine A said...

Holly -

Such a sweet card. This is beautiful.

Elaine Allen