Sunday, April 3, 2011

A Little Humor

Hi everyone! Are you having a great weekend? Mine is busy with usual weekend chores, but I'm managing to mix in some fun time too. Today looks like it's going to be pretty hot. A predicted high of 85 degrees! Yuck!
I'll get Riley's walk in early and then most of the day will be spent indoors preparing the week's meals and making more cards!

Did you love the images that were released at Squigglefly yesterday? What do you think of the After Dark section? The card I have to share today uses one of the new After Dark sentiments, and it cracks me up.

Here's the front


(click to enlarge)

The sentiment is Kinky, and I simple stuck a feather next to the sentiment with a glue dot. The feather was colored with a Copic markers to go with the Termpting Turquoise ink I sponged around the edge of the card. The Friday outlawz challenge is to color an embellishment with Copic markers, so I've entered this card into that challenge. I also entered it in the Twisted Sisters challenge on Splitcoast Stampers.

On the inside of the card I printed the rest of the sentiment and used Brian Lock's Foul Fowl image. He is colored with Copic markers, and I thought the look on the chicken's face went so well with the saying!


(click to enlarge)

Hope it made you laugh!

Today is the last day to enter Squigglefly's blog challenge! A new one starts tomorrow! Have a fabulous day, and thanks for looking!

20 comments:

bumblebee creations said...

Holly- you are too funny!!! what a cute image!

eiyiyi said...

Love, love, love it!!!! hugs, eileen

Stef H (Glitterbabe) said...

funny & fabulous!

i DID like the after dark sentiments. what a great sense of humor!

i DO remember those colored chicks too. they used to sell them at the dollar store way back when or 5&10 and we knew it.

have a fabulous weekend. and you can keep the 85F. i'll stick with the 50s & rain here.

hugs :)

Maria Matter said...

I love this Holly!!! too fun! I also love that you colored your feather with a copic marker!!!
have a blessed sunday!

Jane said...

OMG...TOO cute!

Sara I. said...

great sense of humor ! love em!

*Vicki* said...

BWWHAA!! HAA!! Holly, this is just too funny!! I love how you've used the feather...and the chicken is priceless!! TEE!!

Stephanie said...

OMG......Holly!!!! How perfect to actually use a feather!!! Too fun! I'm definitely going to have to case this one. Love the chicken on the inside, too......because you are right! The look on it's face goes perfectly! Thanks for making me smile! ;-)

Tammy said...

Terrific card! The sentiment and the chicken are meant for each other!

Marlene said...

Tammy said it best - that sentiment and that chicken belong together! LOL!! You know I'm a huge fan of these kinds of cards! Humor, and just a little on the warped side = PERFECT!!!

Linda said...

Great card Holly. This was my favorite and I love the Foul you used. It really made me LOL.

Kez said...

It sure DID make me laugh! Love that cracked kind of humour, so am off to explore those stamps! TFS

Sherry Kushibab said...

This will keep me laughing for a while....great pic with the sentiment. TFS

Lori m said...

You made me laugh, and I really like the way you put this all together.

Patricia St Martin said...

Great thinking with the sentiment. I would of never though to use then in that way, greay idea.
Hugs...

Dawn Frost said...

Bahahaha I LOVE it! Great sense of humour and I love how you coloured your chicken!

Kim said...

Too Funny!!!!!

Mel M. M. McCarthy said...

Oh my! Heehee. I just choked on my coffee. Love it. Your colouring is perfect. That chicken is hilarious.

scrappinkaren said...

You quack me up. I love it.

Charlene Mitchell said...

ha ha ha ha ha! I know this was posted close to a year ago but was just taking a quick peek at your blog. This is tooooooooo funny!!!!!! You have such a fantastic sense of humour!