Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Looking For Frogs In All the Right Places

Good morning to you all! I hope you are all doing well and enjoying spring. Our cool respite is leaving us today. The weatherman has said it will get close to 90 degrees today. Yuck! It's one of those days I'm grateful I work inside!

Yesterday began a new challenge on the Squigglefly blog, and it's a fun one! It's an easy one! It's a Squigglefly workout - which means show us how you like to work with your Squigglefly digis!

I love to work with Squigglefly digis every way, but one of my most favorite ways is to combine images! There's a tutorial here that shows you how easy it is to do using a photo editing program. It's kind of like masking with your rubber stamps but much easier!

For my card I combined the Princess Lou image by Diane Carubia with Joy Hall's Mushroom Garden.


(click to enlarge)

I colored the image with Copic markers and used the blender pen to add dots to the mushroom to make it look a bit more like a toadstool. I perched Princess Lou on top of one of the mushrooms and printed the sentiment with my computer. She looks like she was finding lots of frogs while sipping drinks on bar stools, so she decided to trade in the bar stool for a toadstool to find her prince!

I added some little diamonds and glitter to her crown and painted over the crown with some iridescent shimmer so it would look silvery. The sky is chalked. I hope you'll try playing along in Squigglefly's challenge this week! You don't have to use a Squigglefly image, but if you do you have the chance to win a free image! There are always freebies to try HERE.

Enjoy your day, and thanks for looking!

16 comments:

Shawna said...

Killer coloring Holly. The Princess is too cute with her fab little crown.

Becky said...

She is adorable Holly, you colored her beautifully.

*Vicki* said...

LOL!! Now how sweet is this!!! LOVE your coloring Holly!! Gorgeous details and that crown she's wearing is just awesome and shiny!!! Brilliant job combining these images too!! LOVE IT!!

Linda said...

Oh this is sweet! I love the way you colored her.

Betty J Schaub said...

love her! she's too stinkin' cute with her little crown! awesome coloring and wtg combining images to make one! I love doing that too!!

Pat (mspfd) said...

How precious and what a perfect combination of images! Love the scene you created!

Patricia St Martin said...

Love your card.. The image is so cute. Wonderful coloring.

bumblebee creations said...

loving your card Holly!!! What a fun couple of images to put together!!

Tammy said...

Sweet card Holly and once again, very creative!

Marlene said...

This card is so sweet, Holly!

Who can resist her sparkly crown!?

90 degrees?!!!! Sheesh, now I know who is hogging all the heat!!!

Chris Olsen, Glowbug said...

Aw! Sweet card Holly!! Love the image and sentiment!!
hugs,
Chris

Dawn Frost said...

Beautiful little princess! Love how you merged the princess with the mushrooms!

Kim said...

90????? My right arm and left leg for that temp!!!!!!!!! LOL! We still have snow!!! Melting vey slowly......
Love your card Holly! so sweet!

Vicki said...

Hello Holly...what a pretty card...love how you used the two images! Beautiful coloring. We could sure use some of your warm weather...sounds like you have gone right into summer! Hope you have a great day!

HUGS!
Vicki

Elaine A said...

Love Princess Lou Holly! This card just made me smile. She is such a cutie patootie! You always amaze me with your coloring talents. Perfect job on this card.

Elaine Allen

JanR said...

Wow, Holly! I'm loving how you coloured the hair!