Monday, April 4, 2011

Meet Mrs. Murphy

Hi everyone! Happy Monday morning! I have woken up to thunderstorms this morning which I love! Today is not supposed to be as warm as yesterday, which I also love! It's supposed to get rather chilly tonight too, which is another thing I love so this Monday is starting out pretty darn good!

Today is a brand new challenge on Squigglefly's blog , and vVicki has issued a challenge to use words. You can use words any way you want - by making the sentiment the focal point or using a newspaper as your background, whatever way you wish! I have my thinking cap on and hope to get something made for that today. I'm sure I'll be inspired after I've seen what the design team has done!

Recently there was a new addition at Squigglefly. Mrs. Murphy is a woman who has a lot of wisdom to share! I think she has a lot to say, so you'll probably be seeing her a few times!


(click to enlarge)

She's colored with Copic markers and I sponged some ink around the edges of the card. The sentiment was computer generated.

I have one of those rulers that you lay on your paper and then tear your paper against it to give it a deckled edge. I used that with a green Sharpie marker around the perimeter of the card. It's easy enough to see everything else I did.

I think I need to get off this computer now because it's thundering and lightening like crazy! I hope you have a wonderful Monday, and thanks for looking!

20 comments:

Tammy said...

Great minds think alike Holly! Mrs. Murphy is wonderful, I just love her and the sentiment is so true.

Reflections from Granny said...

Very pretty and just so cute Mrs Murphy is!

Lori m

eiyiyi said...

Mrs. Murphy is fabulous and I love what you've done with her. hugs, eileen

*Vicki* said...

Oh Mrs. Murphy looks so sweet and lemon-like!! :) Beautifully colored sweetie and what a fabulous layout!! I look forward to seeing YOUR words!! :) HUGS

bumblebee creations said...

very very cute!!

Becky said...

hahaha..so very true. Love this card and sentiment.

Anonymous said...

sad but so true.
cute card as always dear Holly.

cat s.

Shawna said...

Mrs. Murphy is definitely a wise woman! And I love what you did with the twill tape! Great card Holly girl!

scrappinkaren said...

I love this card it is so true. It is a fabulous card. I love the Mrs. Murphy, you could have a lot of fun with her.

scrappinkaren said...

I love this card it is so true. It is a fabulous card. I love the Mrs. Murphy, you could have a lot of fun with her.

Patricia St Martin said...

Great job with Mrs. Murphy. She looks great in those colors. We had those storms last night.. lot of thunder and lightening bur we did not get much rain.
Hugs...

Sara I. said...

Wonderful card - love the inking technique you used and the way you did the ribbon. Fantastic card!

Dani said...

What a fun card! So cute!!! :)

Pam in Ar. said...

Love Mrs. Murphy :)

Linda said...

Oh I love Mrs Murphy's blue hair. Perfect!

Marlene said...

Mrs. Murphy is just hilarious! She reminds me a little of Perturbed Tilly! How can you not listen to her? She commands attention where ever she goes! LOL!

Fabulous card, Holly!

Dawn Frost said...

I agree with Mrs. Murphy try missing a payment or forgetting laundry boy do people miss you, lol! Great card Holly!

Kim said...

OMG Holly....this is so funny! Love it!

Mel M. M. McCarthy said...

Mrs. Murphy is a hoot. That saying is so funny. LOVE the greens.

Scrappy Doo said...

I'm so sorry I haven't been popping over more> So busy but i do love what you did here. I like all the dimensions/layering to this card.

:)