Friday, April 8, 2011

My Blog Has Gone To The Dogs

Good morning and happy Friday! I hope you've got some fun plans for the weekend, and that checking out Squigglefly's newest releases is at the top of those plans! There are some great images coming out tomorrow, so be sure to check 'em out!

Yesterday several people asked me where you can get the realistic cat eyes like I used on the frog in the card HERE. You can buy those cat eyes from Stanislaus Imports. They come in different colors and sizes. The link straight to the stickers is http://www.lasioux.com/eyes.htm


Today I have two dog related cards to share with you.



(click to enlarge)

This cute little puppy is Fetch What? drawn by Lynne Stansbery for Squigglefly. Don't you love the way his head is tilted to the side? It always makes my heart melt when Riley does that to me.

I made this for the sketch challenge on Splitcoast Stampers. I used Copic markers and chalk to color it with, and I added some glitter to the party hat. The party hat came from Party Dude at Squigglefly and is just popped on his head. I think he looks so cute with this hat on!

The sentiment was computer generated, and the inside says "That's still a pup in dog years! Happy Birthday!"


I stayed on the birthday and dog theme with my next card too. This dog is Smart Dog and is drawn by Nate Owens.


(click to enlarge)

Once again I used the Party Dude's hat and colored with Copic markers and chalk. I did stamp some grass sprigs over the green chalk. The background paper was perfect for this because it has the "Party Animal" sign on it.

I computer generated the words and cut them out so I could stick them on the way I wanted. I'm thinking I should have put a question mark at the end of the words though.

I'm slowly building up my birthday card stash again, but May is a heavy month for me as far as birthdays go, so I need to make a lot more!

Have a great day, and thanks for looking!

11 comments:

Renee said...

great cards! LOVE the too pooped to party, what a great image and sentiment together!! have a great weekend. hugz n blessings

Linda said...

Ahh so cute!

Tammy said...

If there's a dog involved, I love it! Great cards.

Shawna said...

Love these cards Holly!

Dawn Frost said...

I love your dogs Holly! The way you did the floor and walls is awesome. I've got to try that instead of doing a wood floor!

Marlene said...

Who doesn't love a blog that's gone to the dogs?! LOL!! Super cuteness! I especially love the second card...he's my kind of dog! LOL!

Patricia St Martin said...

Love the dogs... So cute. Great job.

Sheree said...

I just LOVE puppy cards!!! Your images are adorable and I love your dp's too!

michele hileman said...

Awesome Blog. I found you in outlaws. Love your work.. totally awesome..:)

*Vicki* said...

LOL!! And these doggies are just so sweet girl!! I adore your coloring and the sentiment on that top one is just perfect!! :) Smiles, Vicki

Mel M. M. McCarthy said...

LOL. That sentiment "You're How Old?" with the dogs head cocked on an angle all confused. Giggle giggle giggle. And love the Party Dude. SO cute! I think the second is perfect without a question mark. It's like a statement that way. Though either way is great, of course. LOVE em!