Saturday, April 30, 2011

The P's Have It

Good morning everyone and happy weekend! Gosh, did you get a look at the new images at Squigglefly? The front page is brimming with some great designs! I am going to try to get all of my "have to" things done today so I will have lots of play time tomorrow!
I don't have any special plans this weekend, and I actually like it that way. My home is overdue for a good cleaning and there is always the usual grocery shopping and meal preparation to do. Tomorrow is supposed to be a rainy day, so it should be perfect for staying indoors and crafting!

the card I want to share with you today is for the Twisted Sister Challenge on Splitcoast stampers. The challenge is a list of P's
1. Pets
2. Patterned Papers
3. Pop-ups
4. Posies
5. Punches
6. Paper Piercing
7. Paper Piecing
You MUST have the first item on the list PLUS any 3 of the other items. PETS can be ANY animal that you either have as a pet or would LIKE to have as a pet. After that, you can use any combination of 3 of the other items. You can use dp, pop up your image and add flowers, for instance. You could paper piece part of your pet, pop it up and punch a border. The sky's the limit!! Now, if you can use ALL of the "P's", you are a challenge EXPERT

For my card I used Squigglefly's Inside Out Some Days for my card. I love the inside outs because they complete a card inside and out!


(click to enlarge)

Of course my pet is the dog and my Ps are the patterned paper, I popped up the sentiment, and I pierced in the corner. My piercing didn't show up very well though, so I stitched some red embroidery floss through the holes.

I colored with Copic markers and chalk on both the inside and outside. Here's a look at the inside.


(click to enlarge)

Well, I must run if I'm going to get all of my stuff done today! Enjoy your weekend, and I'll see on Monday!

9 comments:

*Vicki* said...

LOL!! This image is just too funny!! I love it and you did a wonderful job with all of the P's girl!! :) Enjoy your relaxing weekend!! HUGS

Dawn Frost said...

Fantastic image and sentiment and sometimes I feel like both, lol! Beautiful colouring Holly!

Tracey said...

Hi Holly, I hope all is well with you :)
What a fab card & such fun (& sooo true lol)
Hope you're having a great weekend.
Hugs
Tracey
xx

Sheree said...

This is such a cute card Holly! Love that image.... front and back!

Patricia St Martin said...

Way to funny!! I know what you mean went you say got way to much to do. I put things off as long as I can also. Hope you get a lot done.
Hug...

Elaine A said...

Holly -

This is so funny and yes there are days when I feel like the hydrant! LOL!

Elaine Allen

Marlene said...

You know I LOVE that image! Fabby card...and today I feel like the dog...heeheehee!

Reflections from Granny said...

So darn cute, you make the cutest cards.

Vicki said...

LOL Holly! That was a HARD challenge and I think you pulled off those P's really well! I love your card! Very humorus hon and lol very true somedays! Gave me a good smile!

HUGS!
Vicki