Friday, April 1, 2011

Riley videos and an Easter Card!

Hi everyone! Happy Friday and happy April Fool's Day! Do you have any plans to trick someone today? I used to play tricks on my kids and my husband every year, but they've gotten wise to me over the years so I can't anymore. I'd love to hear about things you've done to fool people. In honor of April Fool's day, I do have a video of Riley fooling people. You've heard me tell you over the years how alpha female she is, and I've mentioned before that she hikes her leg like a male dog when she pees (see? she fools people and other dogs into thinking she's a boy!), but most of the time she hikes both hind legs! Well, we went out to the park yesterday and I filmed her doing this just for your amusement. Plus, she just got groomed yesterday so you can see how nice she looks all trimmed up and clean! If you can't see the video on my blog, you can view it on YouTube HERE



I have another video I took of Riley playing this game with the drain tunnels in the park. Brock throws a rock in and she runs through the tunnel and then immediately turns around waiting for him to throw another one in. She could do this forever I think. What's funny to me is that she will growl and try to stop him from throwing the rocks in on her end. Anyway, you can skip ahead to view today's card if Riley doesn't interest you - my feelings won't be hurt! The direct link to the video is HERE




Okay, today's card is an Easter card made with the cute little Easter Egg Shy Bear.


(click to enlarge)

I colored with Copic markers and then tried to do an out of the box technique, or in this case oval - but I accidentally cut off part of one of the eggs! I just glued it back on and I don't think it's that noticeable unless you know it's there. Of course I added some sparkle to the eggs.

The lacy oval framing the image was cut with my Cricut. I'm getting a little better at sizing things now too. I still may add a greeting of some kind to this later, but I'm undecided at this point. I am entering this into the Stamp Something challenge which is simply to use a digi!

Tomorrow is another release day at Squigglefly and another NEW ARTIST is going to make her debut - so be sure to check in and see what she brings for your crafting pleasure!

Have a great day, and don't let anyone fool you! Thanks for looking!

11 comments:

Shawna said...

Thanks for posting Riley vids! Toonie Mae hikes her leg also, but not both! Thanks for the Riley fix. Oh,------I love your card, too :-) Love the image and the way you sparkled up those eggs!
As for April Fools, when I go to work today and as I am passing by the boss' office will be telling him I made scones. Oooo, how mean!

Tammy said...

Your card is so sweet and colored so beautifully. Love the shades of purple. But the real star on your blog today must be Riley. What a hoot, she made me laugh with her alpha dog stance and the tunnel video is priceless! Thanks for sharing, always love seeing happy dogs and Riley certainly is the head of the happy dog gang.

Becky said...

love the videos!!
And this card is adorable. That polka dot dp is so perfect with this image.

Sallyann Mettler said...

I love the videos. Riley is a real character. but what I loved the most was to hear your laughter!
What a wonderful, cheerful laugh.
It does a soul good to hear it.
Thanks for sharing Riley and thanks for letting us see the great card you made too. Those little shy bears are wonderful.
Sallyann

bumblebee creations said...

Oh that Riley is just so cute!! How funny is that --when she pees! Love the SHY BEARS!! Gorgeous card--can't wait to see the new images tomorrow--I just HAD to go on over tonight and get FOOPLE!!

Maria Matter said...

oh how fun, I love your riley videos Holly! she's so excited to go through that tunnel isnt she? I was holding my breath though, hoping she wouldn't get stuck in there! lol
Have a great weekend!
hugs

Marlene said...

Your dog is gender confused!! HA!!!!

Adorable card...my favorite color!! WOOHOO!!! PURPLEICIOUSNESS!

Happy weekend!

Renee said...

your cards are almost as cute as Riley! Love the lifting of both legs. lmbo! hugz n blessings

Dawn Frost said...

Oooooh a shybear! One of my favorites, beautiful card!

Linda said...

That was fun. I have been watching the eagle all day. It is so much fun watching animals do what they do.
I love your card too. I just won that die cut. Thanks for a great idea.

*Vicki* said...

Oh you can't beat that Riley!! LOL!! He's so fun! :) OH you KNOW how I just ADORE these Shy Bears!! What a darling card and I love your frame!! Beautiful colors and design!! Thanks for playing at Stamp Something too!! BIG HUGS