Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Smart Aliens?

Good morning and happy hump day once again! I've been on a cardmaking roll since the weekend. It seems like my mojo has kicked into high gear! I love when it does that!

Today I've got a silly little card to share with you. It was made for no special challenge or occasion, but it was fun to do!


(click to enlarge)

I used the cute Love Rocket image by Jane Beljo and colored it with copic markers. I added a bit of crystal lacquer to the rocket windows for dimension. The sky was chalked and then I splattered some white gesso over it to make it look like stars. You can see that I wasn't too careful about masking the rocket when I did this! I'm thinking I should have made the sky a bit darker so the gesso would actually show up better, but I liked the color so I left it. I figured even if the gesso doesn't look like stars, it gives a neat texture to the card.

The little funky looking star shapes were punched with a small wonky square punch and I placed two of them together. The sentiment is computer generated in a font called Jules Girl Talk. It's a fun font that has cute little ding bats for the capital letters. If you like it, you can get it free HERE.

here's the inside of the card

(click to enlarge)

I sponged a little around the edges to carry on the sky color. My apologies to those of you who have been abducted by those pesky aliens!

That's all for today, but I'll be back tomorrow with another one! Hope your day is a good one, and thanks for looking!

9 comments:

Linda said...

Oh so cute! I love the the sentiment. I can say I have not been abducted well as far as I can remember. LOL

Pam in Ar. said...

...some times I'd like to be abducted!!!! LOLcute card Holly, enjoy the day :)

freida said...

Hmmm...I wonder if they take nominations??? I have a couple of folks in mind that could use an extended vacation! ;) teehee

What a fabulous card this is! Love the design and the crystal lacquer really adds a fun element to the rocket! Your stars look awesome, BTW! And leave it to you to come up with the perfect sentiment (thanks for the font link!)! Your sponging on the inside finishes it off perfectly! :) Yep...that mojo of yours is in high gear! :)

I still haven't recovered from my trip, but I'm hoping to finish the card made with your scan later today. You won't believe what GORGEOUS paper it made!

Hugs~

*Vicki* said...

This is really cute Holly! Love the effects you've added to the windows!! :) Cute sentiment! Smiles, Vicki

Marlene said...

Ha ha ha!!! There is not enough intelligent life on this planet from which to choose...that's what I think!

Adorable card. Love the glossy accents! Makes it pop!

bumblebee creations said...

I love it Holly--how very cute-what is gesso???

House Revivals said...

This is cute! I like the dimensional windows!
~Amanda

Jennifer said...

Love your card especially your sentiment!!! : )

Jennifer Pellegrino said...

Love the card and especially the inside sentiment!