Saturday, April 9, 2011

THREE cards, a TUTORIAL, and a FREEBIE!

Good morning everyone! Isn't this a happy Saturday? If you've been to Squigglefly and seen all of the wonderful new images then it is!

I have three cards to share with you today. I got on a roll making these cute little front pocket cards and couldn't stop! I had so much fun that I decided to share with you how I've done them, so after I show you each card you can see the tutorial video.

My first card uses a new image by Alecia Blake called Beach Birthday Girl. Alecia is one of three artists making their debut at Squigglefly today. I fell in love with this image the minute I saw it.


(click to enlarge)

Isn't it cute? I love that the fish, the sun, and even the little crab are all wearing party hats! I colored with Copic markers and chalk and added glitter to the sun. The sentiment was computer generated and then sponged with yellow and orange inks. I think this sentiment goes perfectly with the image, so I'm sharing the sentiment with all of you. Just click on the image and then right click to save to your computer.



The designer paper is folded to create a pocket, and the sentiment pulls out to reveal another message inside. The inside message is from the Happy Everything set.


(click to enlarge)

You could also slip a gift card in the pocket, or if the person you're giving it to is a card maker you could even slip in a small bag of embellishments!

My next card uses a brand new image drawn by Nate Owens called Love Bugs. Do you remember Goof Bug? Well, I mentioned in one of my posts that he needed a mate and Nate drew him one! Thanks Nate, I love her!


(click to enlarge)

Aren't they a cute couple? I thought they would make a great anniversary card, so I printed out the sentiment "Wishing you many more years to "bug" each other" for the outside sentiment, and printed Happy Anniversary for the inside sentiment.

They are colored with Copic markers and chalk, and I used a little bit of stickles on their bodies.

My last card uses the Shy Bear Birthday Bear, and it's colored with Copic markers and chalk. I added glitter to the top of his hat and then dotted some glue on the scallops surrounding the sentiment and sprinkled glitter on that as well.

(click to enlarge)

I am entering all of my cards in the Stamp Something Challenge which is to stamp something with sass or circles. All of my cards have circles! I hope you've enjoyed the cards and after you watch the video tutorial I hope you will try making one yourself. Be sure to go by Squigglefly and see all the new images in the store today! If you have trouble watching the video on my blog you can view it on YouTube HERE.
Thanks for looking, and have a wonderful day!

18 comments:

Stephanie said...

Holly.......You are one amazing card maker!!! Lovely, easy tutorial to follow. I can't wait to try this tonight!!! Great cards......all just beautiful! Thanks for sharing all of this with us!

Shawna said...

You've been busy! Love your pocket cards.

terriavidreader (IN-USA) said...

I absolutely love your "bug each other" card!!!

Marlene said...

Thanks for the sentiment, chicky! Love the cards - and those bugs are UBER CUTENESS!!!!! Your coloring of them is fantastic! Enjoy your weekend. (Pssst...AWESOME new release at Squigglefly this week! WOW!)

Sheree said...

Your pocket cards are wonderful!! I love the images on all three, your colouring and choices of papers... Well done!

Dawn Frost said...

Holly love them all, especially the more years to bug you, lol! Beautiful cards, very nice how you did the sentiments!

Patricia St Martin said...

Thanks again Holly. Now a sentiment you are the sweetist... Love all the cards. Thanks for everything..

*Vicki* said...

WOW WOW and WOW Holly!! These cards are ALL so very stunning girl!! I love the sentiment and your beach creation is colored to perfection!! Thanks for the tut too!! You're a gem!! ...Thanks for joining Stamp Something too!! Smiles, Vicki

Tammy said...

Love the pocket cards. Cannot wait to try making one. Also thinking I probably need the Love Bugs. Great video, thanks for sharing.

Reflections from Granny said...

Cute!! Cute!! But your buggie card is the perfect one, that would be me saying something like that to hubby lol.

:) Lori m

CraftCrave said...

Just a quick note to let you know that a link to this post will be placed on CraftCrave today [10 Apr 01:00am GMT]. Thanks, Maria

Susan said...

Hi Holly,
Gorgeous cards. My favourite so far is the chicken one! Very funny.
Popped over from the Outlawz.
Susan xxox
http://stamponme.blogspot.com/

bumblebee creations said...

super tutorial Holly!! I hope to have time to try one tonight!

Betty J Schaub said...

Holly you are just too darn cleaver!!! I will be trying this one later tonight. Thanks for Sharing, your tutorials are always so informative.

Mel M. M. McCarthy said...

These are supah sweet!!! Love the video. What a brilliant pocket (I'm WAY to lazy when it comes to folds). Those images are adorable and your colouring is gorgeous. All that bright beautiful-ness makes me excited for summer! :o)

Betty J Schaub said...

I DID IT!!!
You can see my card
Happy Birthday, For You!
Thanks for the inspiration Holly!!!

weva said...

Thank you!!!

freida said...

You'll get a kick out of this: When your email came through (I think it was late one night!) that you had posted these cards and a video, I was delirious with a high temp, but was waiting on an email about my dad. I vaguely remember your video, but I distinctly remember you getting frustrated with me because I wouldn't follow your steps! I remember paper flying all over the place...oh my! What a dream/nightmare! I think I need to leave my phone out of reach when sick!

After watching it again, I really think I can follow your directions this time! This is an amazing technique Holly...thanks so much for showing us! Your cards are SOOO UNIQUE and SOOO CREATIVE!

Hugs~