Friday, May 13, 2011

Big Birthday Wishes

Well, thanks to blogger having some kind of melt down this post was deleted yesterday.
I made this card for an online friend of mine and now that she's received it I can post it.

The image is I Dream Of Tini and is colored with Copic markers and chalk. I used some iridescent medium to paint her earrings and the bangles on her outfit. I love all of the Tini images, and this genie one is such fun! The border on the side was created with a Martha Stewart punch, and then the piece was flipped around and punched on the other side. It's an easy way to get a different look from the same punch. The sentiment is computer generated.


(click to enlarge)

The inside of the card continues the sentiment with

"to grant the big birthday wish I have for you"


I want to thank everyone for their suggestions on punching up the star shaped card I shared yesterday. I'll share pictures of the revised card tomorrow. Enjoy your Friday, and thanks for looking!

13 comments:

terriavidreader (IN-USA) said...

Cute card - I love that image!

Becky said...

I love this image Holly, just fabulous! You colored this with some great colors.
I cannot imagine artist with deadlines, it hinders creativity.

Dawn Frost said...

I LIKE that border punch look very much, wow! Love the genie and her colours. Very nice!

Patricia St Martin said...

Awesome job!! Love the colors. You did a great job coloring your image.

Elaine A said...

Love, love, love this card Holly! It is so much fun and you've done a beautiful job with the coloring. Awesome!

Elaine Allen

Tammy said...

Great card Holly. I love the border you put down the side. Tini is really tiny??

Marlene said...

She's a hoot, and you've colored her perfectly! Love the sparkle...and the sentiment is adorable.

Blogger is supposedly working on restoring all those posts, so don't be surprised if it comes back!

acreativeneed said...

Very cute Holly! Such great colors too!
smiles,Deena

acreativeneed said...

Very cute Holly! Such great colors too!
smiles,Deena

Linda said...

Oh I love her! Coloring and card are wonderful.

Maria Matter said...

beautifully colored Holly! such a fun image!!
hugs

Dixieglitzie said...

i love the way you made the jewels so glimmery and shimmery! :-)

bumblebee creations said...

so so cute!! Love the digi and the sentiment is awesome!! Glad blogger is back!