Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Celebration Cake

Hi everyone. Today I have a quick and simple card to share. I needed a birthday card for man, and those always make me pause; especially when this man isn't into fishing, hunting, or any kind of sport that I know of. So, I went with a traditional birthday cake!


(click to enlarge)

What man doesn't like cake? This Cake Tower from Squigglefly would tempt anyone I think and there's plenty to share!

I colored it with copic markers and added stickles to the candle flames. A bit of green designer paper with glittered swirls and some sponging around the edges of the card complete this simple card. The sentiment was computer generated in a font called Carpenter ICG. I traced over the letters with a Quickie Glue Pen and then sprinkled on some glitter. If you like the font, you can get it free HERE.

Enjoy your day, and thanks for looking!

14 comments:

Dawn B. said...

I love that font.. Thanks for sharing that tidbit.. This is perfect for any man.. Love all that yummy frosting. Great card Holly.

Maria Matter said...

Wonderful Holly! who doesn't love b'day cake...perfect for a masculine card!
enjoy your day!
hugs

Shawna said...

Love this card --- and your scrumptious coloring. Very cute masculine card. Love that font. too.

Linda W. said...

Excellent idea on putting a cake center piece of the card. I too have problems with masculine cards but this is just awesome! And thanks Holly for the awesome new font for me too!

Betty J Schaub said...

love it Holly! Clean and Simple! And that swirlie green is yummy!

Tammy said...

Perfect man card Holly right down to the colors.

Pam in Ar. said...

anyway you look at it...cake is ALWAYS good :)

Patricia St Martin said...

WOW that is some tall cake!! Just love your card. Thanks for the site where you can get some different fonts. I'm going to have to try that and see if I can work with some say. A lot of the times it is so hard to find just the right saying to go with what you are trying to say.
Hugs...

bumblebee creations said...

love your cake card Holly! You are right-what man doesn't like cake?!!
Loving that green paper!!

Sara I. said...

Such an adorable card - love the dp with those glittery swirls and love the sentiment, too!

Dawn Frost said...

Perfect cake, all sparkly! Love that background paper too!

trisha too said...

That is a FUN card!!!

:)

Vicki said...

Yep...I like that font! Thanks for the link Holly. And your card is perfect...men...especially men with no hobby...ARE hard to create for...you did a good job!

HUGS!
Vicki

Marlene said...

What a fun card.....now I'm hungry for cake. Way to go. First you hit me with a scale and now cake.