Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Gardening is Hard Work!

Good morning everyone! Today is Tuesday, and that means it's another Mothermark Teaparty! This week we are all helping to grow vegetables! Actually our cards have to do with vegetable gardening because the person they are going to loves to grow vegetables. Of course for me, every time I think of doing a card about gardening I turn to the Gardener image at Squigglefly. It's a long time favorite of mine.


(click to enlarge)

I colored this with Copic markers and chalk and made up the little rhyme and printed it out with my computer. Gardening is hard work! I know how much my back hurts after I've spent a little time just planting a few flowers, and I know trying to grow vegetables would have me stooped and limping. I do have to say however, that there is nothing better than home grown tomatoes in the summer.

Did you see what the Design Team did with the Squigglefly challenge this week? The challenge is shaped cards, and they knocked it out of the ballpark! I have a shaped card I'm working on and hope to share it with you tomorrow. Have some fun and play along!

You have a wonderful day, and thanks for looking!

7 comments:

Shawna said...

Fabulous coloring Holly and I love that sentiment! Are you having to worry about flooding now?

Linda said...

Oh your card made me laugh! So cute.

Dawn Frost said...

Beautiful image and great sentiment Holly! I'm with the knees creak and back break and ache!

Tammy said...

Your sentiment is perfect and so true. Love your card.

Roxann said...

Too cute and funny! Love it.

Patricia St Martin said...

That image is always to funny. The sentiment to perfect.
I hope you and Hubby are ok, I see some of the storms are around where you live so I hope things are fine.
Hugs...

Marlene said...

Ha ha ha!!! Love it! Love the cute saying you came up with, too (though the stick in the butt card you did from way back when still sticks in my mind as being HILARIOUS!)