Friday, May 20, 2011

The Gift Of Laughter

Hello everyone! Friday has finally arrived! If your week has been anything like mine, you were probably wondering if it would ever get here.

Before I get to today's card, I'd like to ask you all to say a prayer for me. Today I am going on a job interview. It's the first interview for employment I've been to in over 33 years so I'm a little nervous. I'd love to leave the interview knowing if this is the job for me or not, and if it is I hope they offer it to me.
It's been a sad week at my present job. I've been clearing out my personal things and taking stock of what needs to be done.

Well, tomorrow there will be brand new images in Squigglefly's store, and I have a card made with one of them!


(click to enlarge)

This funny image is drawn by Chesney Young and is called Moment Of Truth. Wouldn't it be fun to make this a viewmaster card and have different things in the scale's window? I colored this with Copic markers and printed the sentiment out on my computer. I entered this into a couple of challenges. The first one was for the clean and simple challenge on Splitcoast stampers. We were supposed to be inspired by the word GIFT, and I think the gift of laughter is a true gift.

The other challenge was the Technique Lover's Challenge on Splitcoast Stampers. The technique is to make your own paper buttons. You can see a great tutorial on making these HERE. The tutorial has you coat the button with some crystal effects, but I opted to paint mine with some Lumiere paint. The buttons are easy to do, but they do take some patience on waiting for them dry!

There are still a couple of days to join in Squigglely's latest challenge, but you need to hurry because a new one is up on Monday! Have a wonderful day, and thanks for looking!

12 comments:

Dawn B. said...

First off..LOTS of prayers for you. I didn't know you were going through this and I am so sorry. I am sure the stress is tough and I feel for you. Hang in there.

Your card is wonderful. Love the image. I agree laughter is one of the best medicines. Huge hugs..

bumblebee creations said...

Holly!! Good luck today with your interview!! WOW that is a long time with one employer!
I love the card today--that is one thing I hate to do, is get on the old scale!!

Tammy said...

Fabulous image and card! Keeping you in my thoughts and prayers.

Linda said...

Oh so true!! I love the card Holly!

Barboo said...

Great Card. Good Luck on your interview. I hope it works out for you.

Shawna said...

What a funny saying. Love the card Holly. Wishing you the very best at that interview! They can be so daunting, but you'll do fine!

Patricia St Martin said...

I hope things go well for you on your job interview. I'll be praying for you. You did a great card. You sentiment is funny.
Hugs...

Pam in Ar. said...

Holly, I didn't know you were having to find another job!! My computer crashed and I lost all of my email addresses...please email me so I can get your address again.

Love the card, I do wish for shrinkage LOL. Prayers for you my friend.

Elaine A said...

Holly -

Praying and sending good thoughts your way that the interview works out for you sweetie. God Bless!

Elaine Allen

Vicki said...

Holly my prayers are with you hon...I know where you are at mentally as I have been there. Try not to stress about it too much...the Lord will provide and all will be well. Your card today is so cute....and the sentiment is perfect for it! I hope you have as good of a day as you can!

HUGS!
Vicki

Sara I. said...

Praying for you that all goes well during your interview today!! Big hugs and fabulous card! Love the sentiment :D

Marlene said...

I'm a little late, but praying after the fact that everything goes a-ok for you!

Love the card...heehee...I've got some of that wishful shrinking going on (or at least I wish I did.....I'm wishing, but not shrinking...ha ha ha.)