Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Home Is Where You Hang Your Heart

Hi everyone. Well, the rain stopped and yesterday was a beautiful day. I am really thankful for the coolness the storms brought us. It's been lovely with temps maxing out in the high 60's and getting down in the 40's at night. This is what I call perfect weather!

Yesterday was a new teaparty on Splitcoast Stampers, and I joined in the fun. This week everyone was to bring a home for the newly wed royal couple to set up house in. I thought this little house from the Squigglefly set Houses would be perfect for them. The set of houses has five different ones to choose from and they are all cute, but this one looked so cheery and homey with the little flower boxes in the windows so I picked it.


(click to enlarge)

I colored with copic markers and chalk, and my sentiment is computer generated. I found a cute little heart button that complimented the sentiment perfectly and tied some embroidery floss through it. Since this image has such wonderful spring flowers blooming in the window boxes, I am also going to enter it in this week's Squigglefly Challenge. I know that you probably add a flower or two your cards so why not play along with Squigglefly this week too?

Not much to chit chat about this morning, so I'll just wish you a wonderful day and let you get on to more blogs! Thanks for looking!

7 comments:

Shawna said...

Such a cute card. I love houses with window boxes and the addition of the little heart button was the perfect touch.

Linda said...

Beautiful card! A wonderful day to you too!

Vicki said...

Cute Cute Holly...sweet card...that house reminds me of a Mary Englebreight house! Glad your weather is nice....send a little of it our way please??? Have a great day Holly.

HUGS!
Vicki

Marlene said...

That is a pretty scene!

Weather in the high 60's IS perfect, in my opinion. I'm getting old and cranky...hate the cold, hate the heat.

Tammy said...

Wonderful warm and welcoming card. Love the flower boxes.
Wish it was stop raining here! Please pass the sunshine!

Dawn Frost said...

I love your little house and the sentiment is perfect!

*Vicki* said...

Oh my gosh girl!! I so love this hun!! Beautiful scene image and your coloring is fabulous!! :) Thanks for joining in with us hun!!