Monday, May 9, 2011

If You Can't Dance

Good morning everyone! I hope you had a great weekend and a happy mother's day yesterday! Mine was really nice. I received some beautiful flowers and some yummy baklava from Ashley, and Chesney is taking me to Michaels for a shopping trip some time down the road! We went out to eat for some Chinese food, so I didn't have to cook. Sounds like a perfect Mother's Day to me!

Summer is back here in Arkansas. Temperatures reached nearly 90 and according to the forecast these high temps are here to stay for a while. I really wish I enjoyed warm weather because we get about six months of it here! Oh well, I can't change it so I might as well accept it, right?

Today is brand new challenge on the Squigglefly blog, so go see what Chelsea has challenged everyone to do, get inspired by the design team samples, and then JOIN IN yourself!

On Splitcoast stampers the Twisted Sister challenge on Friday was to make a card that had to do with rain. I have been wanting to color up the cute Puddle Jumper image by Lynne Stansbery for a while now, so I immediately grabbed it and made this


(click to enlarge)

I colored with Copic markers and chalk, and then I used some crystal lacquer on the puddles and rain drops. My sentiment was computer generated and is a twist on the well known "life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass, it's about learning to dance in the rain" quote. I added a couple of water splash rain dots to the sentiment for some extra fun.

Don't you love this image? I love how he is just totally into the fun of splashing in puddles. I can remember loving to splash in puddles! I wonder when it was that wet socks and pant legs became a nuisance! Have a great Monday, and thanks as always for stopping by my blog!

13 comments:

Reflections from Granny said...

Adorable, you always make the cutest cards that will make anyone smile.

:) Lori m

Tammy said...

Such a sweet image. Love how he's colored and the dp is perfect.

Linda said...

So cute! I love his expression.

Becky said...

Yes I love this image :)..Wonderful card Holly.
Our tempts at night are still in the 40's. our high is 66 degrees. :)

*Vicki* said...

AWW! I adore that image Holly!! Beautiful coloring and I love the splashes of rain on it!! :) Glad to hear you had a great Mother's Day!! Thanks for sharing! Hugs, *Vicki* from Stamped Smiles

Sara I. said...

You did a fantastic job on this card!! Fabulous coloring such a sweet image and just love your sentiment! The punching is quite perfect for this!

Dawn Frost said...

LOL love the image Holly! The background paper is perfect and your colouring is awesome. I remember those days, don't do it nearly as often as I should!

Marlene said...

Love that image...adorable...and so true to my nature. (I still like splashing in puddles..go figure.)

Sounds like you had a nice Mother's Day. 90 degrees already? Holy tootin'... I love your winters, lady...but I don't think I could take your summers. Hello A/C bill!

Stef H (Glitterbabe) said...

Happy Mother's Day (a day late) so glad you had a super one!

simply adorable card. i just love the sentiment!

hugs, stef (Glitterbabe)

Vicki said...

Cute Holly that is a darling image and does bring back some childhood memories as well as some recent memories of my 3 year old grandson! He loves to puddle jump! Very pretty coloring and great job of matching the paper! Happy Mother's day late!

HUGS!
Vicki

Betty J Schaub said...

darling image and I love the sentiment. That little guy is so cute the way you colored him.

Roxann said...

Such a sweet card! Love the sentiment!

Patricia St Martin said...

That is really cute image and you did a great job coloring it. Like your sentiment. All the wonderful bright colors.
Hugs...