Sunday, May 1, 2011

Okay, I lied...

Hi everyone1 Happy May Day! Okay, I know I told you yesterday I'd see you on Monday but I'm back today because I remembered just in the nick of time to make a card for Squigglefly's latest challenge! Today is the last day to get it in! The challenge is to make a card that's black and white, and here's my card


{click to enlarge)

My image is the lovable Tini Time by Lynne Stansbery. I love this new Tini character she's created!

I colored with Copic markers and printed my sentiment out on my computer. The background paper is just some black dots I made into a pattern using Adobe Photoshop Elements. My daughter Chesney has a wonderful tutorial on making patterned paper HERE if you care to try it yourself.

Tomorrow is a brand new challenge, so I'm glad I got this one finished in time. So far, I haven't missed one single Squigglefly challenge! Now I'm off to see who today's Featured Stamper is on Splitcoast Stampers. I hope you find a little time to play in some challenges today too! Have a fantastic day, and thanks for looking!

10 comments:

Vicki said...

Hello Holly! Happy May Day to you! I love the background paper...you did a great job on that and it goes perfectly with your image! What personality this image has! Hope you have a great rest of your weekend!

HUGS!
Vicki

Tammy said...

Terrific card Holly. You certainly nailed the black and white theme. Love Tini!

Shawna said...

Love it Holly! But I was expecting a sassy pants comment for this inside :-)

*Vicki* said...

LOL!! This is such a fun image Holly and she looks great with the black and white design!! :)

Patricia St Martin said...

Have a wonderful May. What fun is that image. Black and White perfect for that card. Really like how you punch the border on each side of her. Wonderful job coloring. Hugs...

Tracey said...

Fantastic card Holly, I love the monochrome look :)
Congratulations for never missing a Squigglefly challenge, that is some feat!
Hugs
Tracey
xx

Linda W. said...

I love the black and white theme! Great inspiration Holly!

Happy May Day!

Dawn B. said...

This is so cute Holly. I love the way you used your colors.. Great black and white combo.. Hope you have a great week..hugs.

Marlene said...

Fabulous card! Love the black and white...and this image suits it perfectly!

Dawn Frost said...

What a great day, you got to play, lol! Fantastic job on the black and white card Holly!