Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Shaping Up To Be An All Star!

Happy Hump Day! I need your help today. I have a card that I made for the Squigglefly challenge which is to make a shaped card, and I combined it with another challenge (can't say yet what challenge it is) to make a card for a young boy using three different sized circles. I chose to use the boy from the Soccer Kids set, and I cut a star shaped card with my Cricut.


(click to enlarge)

I cut it out with a circle nestabilites die and then cut another one a little larger to frame it. I am counting the soccer ball as a circle too. I sponged the edges with some yellow ink, but to me the front of the card still needs something. Give me some suggestions please!

For the inside of the card I cut another slightly smaller star shape out of some designer paper and printed the sentiment with my computer.


(click to enlarge)

Thanks for any help you can give me to punch this up some!

Yesterday was HOT! We got up to 91 degrees and today is promising to be the same. The cottonwoods are blowing and it looks like snow outdoors sometimes - wish it felt like it was snowing! I hope you're having a good week, and thanks for looking!

11 comments:

Sara I. said...

Awesome shaped card and love the image. You've done a great job inking around the star! Maybe some popped stars down toward his feet and behind him in one of the other colors in his outfit?

Linda said...

Adorable card. I love the star shape and like always your coloring is amazing.

Becky said...

Ahh..This is so cute.

Stef H (Glitterbabe) said...

i think this is fabulous. i would MAYBE put a few "sporty" embellies in the star point on the front.

i ALWAYS complain about the weather. its what i do best - lol.

hugs, stef (Glitterbabe)

do check me out, my store and
Glitterbabe@Stitchy Bear

Dawn Frost said...

Love the shape of your card Holly, but you're right is needs something on the front. Not much maybe 3 mini black or yellow brads or a #1 in a corner.

Patricia St Martin said...

Great idea for a card. It is really cute.

bumblebee creations said...

what an adorable little card!!! Loving the image Holly!!

Pam in Ar. said...

Great card for a kids birthday..I agree, some small brads or maybe some bling is all it needs...Have a great hump day :)

Maria Matter said...

Hiya Hollly!
91 degrees, whew! We're enjoying some 70+ degree weather with a cool breeze...perfect in my book!

adorable card! this is a great shape for your image & sentiment! love his cheeky smile!
take care
hugs

Marlene said...

Fabulous card! Great shape, too. Can't say I've ever made a star shaped card!

Want to know what I would add? Some fine lines of gold stickles to each of the tips of the star. Like three of them, two short ones and a longer one in the middle.

*Vicki* said...

Oh wow Holly!! I just LOVE this star shape card and your image is so perfect with this!! What a great idea for a boy's sports bday!! :) Thanks for playing along hun!! HUGS