Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Teaparty Challenge

Hi everyone! I hope your week is off to a good start! Did you see the great challenge at Squigglefly's blog this week? A good challenge pushes you out of your comfort zone, and Vicki has challenged everyone to do something you don't normally do. Squigglefly's design team did an awesome job! I'm going to have to give it some thought before I play along, but I urge you to play too!

Today is Tuesday and that is always a fun day because it's another Mothermark Teaparty! This week our cards are going to a seventeen year old boy named Anthony who was hit by a truck and has a long recovery ahead of him. Anthony loves music, drawing, and the beach so we are to bring cards that have things you find at the beach or something musical, or both!

I chose to make a card that has a little humor in it. Anthony will either laugh or groan at this!


(click to enlarge)

Now it's true you don't often see a pig sitting in a hammock sipping on a cocktail on the beach, but you do see palm trees and people swinging in hammocks! The image is "Ham"mock from Squigglefly. The name of the image alone is to make me chuckle! I colored with Copic markers and chalked the sky. The sentiment is computer generated and sponged with Yo Yo Yellow and Only Orange inks.

I used three different designer papers and hope they go together. I'm not that great at mixing paper patterns. I also didn't want any papers that were too girly since this is going to a teen male!

Have a great day, and thanks for looking!

12 comments:

Reflections from Granny said...

Adorable, too funny!

Hugs, Lori m

Sara I. said...

LOVE IT!! too, too cute!!

Shawna said...

That sentiment is too funny. Really cute card Holly.

Roxann said...

So precious! Made me giggle!

Linda W. said...

That is soooooooo hammy Holly! Really cute idea! Great job coloring too!

Becky said...

Great image and love the sentiment you used.

bumblebee creations said...

You are so witty Holly!!! I love your sentiment and this image is adorable!!

Rosie said...

That is sooooo cute! I love it!

Tammy said...

Anthony is absolutely going to smile. Love this card and wonderful fun sentiment.

Dawn Frost said...

What a cute piggy! Love his glasses and drinking glass. I think you mixed the papers very well.

Vicki said...

Holly such a cute card and I absolutely love your sentiment! You are so creative!

HUGS!
Vicki

Marlene said...

Ha ha...I love pig humor! :)

Adorable, funny card!

I didn't know about Anthony. Wow....