Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Thank You with a tutorial

Hi everyone! Man what a hot weekend it was here! I don't think I went outside once yesterday just because it was so miserable. Okay, I promise I won't go on and on about our weather here all summer long because if I did I'd just sound like a broken record. The one good thing about staying in though is that I did get a lot of crafting done!

Yesterday I made up a little thank you card using the darling Picking Flowers image from Squigglefly.

(click to enlarge)

I colored this with copic markers and then did the usual chalking thing for the sky and grass. I have had a few people ask me to show how I do the chalked backgrounds, so I made a quick little video to show you how easy it is.

If you can't see the video on my blog you can view it HERE

The embossed blue panel was sponged with some white craft ink on the edges, and the sentiment was computer generated.
Don't forget to try your hand at the Squigglefly challenge this week - you could win a free image of your choice! Have a wonderful day, and thanks for looking!

12 comments:

Tammy said...

Sweet card Holly and thanks for the tutorial, I always learn from them.

Shawna said...

Nice tutorial Holly! Thanks! You're inside because of the heat and I am inside because of the cold! Crazy weather for sure. But yes, makes for lots of papercrafting time! :-)

bumblebee creations said...

what a tweet card Holly! I love watching your tutorials-thank you so much!

Linda said...

Thanks for the tutorial. That was so helpful.

Patricia St Martin said...

I hope this works. Still having problems. Thanks for the video. I love all of you videos. The chalk turns out really nice for the background. I only use chalk for cheeks so I will have to try that and see how I do with the background. I sure hope this post.
Hugs.

Dawn Frost said...

I love using chaulk for the ground and sky.

Sara I. said...

Awesome job on creating the scene ! Love the embossed mat you created!

Marlene said...

Very pretty, Holly...and thanks for the tutorial, too. I always struggle with backgrounds!

CraftCrave said...

Just a quick note to let you know that a link to this post will be placed on CraftCrave today [01 Jun 10:15am GMT]. Thanks, Maria

Pat (mspfd) said...

Oh my, how sweet is this! TFS your tutorial.

Chris Olsen, Glowbug said...

Oh how sweet!! I love using chalk for the background!! Great "How to"
hugs,
Chris

*Vicki* said...

Holly, I love the tutorial you've done!! :) I like to use chalks for my backgrounds too!! But this whole time, I actually thought that you used your Copic markers to create the grass blades and here you are using a stamp!! LOL!!

Well it looks awesome and that image is just darling!! Great card hun!! ;)