Monday, May 23, 2011

Tweet and Simple

Happy Monday to you all! I am off for my office test this morning, so keep your fingers crossed I do well! I spent quite a bit of time yesterday watching tutorials on Quickbooks and Excel brushing up on some skills.

I didn't spend all day learning though, I did manage to spend a little time playing in the Featured Stamper challenge on Splitcoast Stampers. I never shared the card I made for last week's Featured Stamper challenge, so let me do that first


(click to enlarge)

The card I CASED can be seen here. I used an image from Squigglefly called Branch Chat, and colored with Copic markers. Very quick to color such simple images! The card base is embossed with swiss dots and I added two layers of ribbon to cover the line where the designer paper ends. the flowers are punched from the same color card stock as the card base and I added little pears to the center of them. I think I may add a sentiment before mailing this off to anyone, but even if I don't I think it looks cute!

Now this week's featured stamper challenge led me to use the same Branch Chat image, except before printing it I eliminated one of the birds using a photo editing program. That is just one of the many reasons I love using digital images! You might also notice that I used the flipped version of this image which is another bonus digitals give you. You can see the card I CASED here.



I added the sentiment before printing also. The image is colored with Copic markers. I embossed the dotted background and used a Martha Stewart punch for the flowers border at the bottom. the image panel is popped up with some dimensionals.

The inside of the card says "that you're having a birthday. Hope it's a "tweet" one!"

Don't forget that today is a brand new challenge on the Squigglefly Blog! I never did get a chance to play in last week's challenge and I'm really going to try to participate this week! I hope you have a wonderful start to your week, and thanks for looking!

12 comments:

Sheree said...

What an adorable card! Love the image and colours! Good luck on your test!

Linda W. said...

Best of luck today Holly! I really love that MS flower punch - gotta get me one! Darling card idea! :)

Becky said...

This is so cute Holly, love the polka dots.

Elaine A said...

Keeping my fingers crossed for you Holly. Good Luck!

Elaine Allen

*Vicki* said...

Hey Holly!! These sure are darling creations with the birdies!! :) I'm wishing you all the best for your office test hun!! BIG BIG HUGS

Tammy said...

Great cards Holly!!! You know I am wishing you the best.

Linda said...

Oh so sweet or should I say tweet! Good luck today. I hope all goes well.

Marlene said...

Very adorable cards, Holly. I especially love that first one....the dark brown is very striking.

I hope you did well on your test! I'm sure you did. :)

Sorry I haven't been around most of the week....was away from bloggy land spending time with my visiting daughter.

Trying to catch up now! Whew!

Sara I. said...

These are super precious! Love em both. Lots of luck your way for today - hope all went well!

bumblebee creations said...

Gorgeous cards Holly!

Vicki said...

Cute cards Holly! And yes, digital images are sweet!!! I love being able to manipulate them!

HUGS!
Vicki

Tina said...

Very Cute .. Love the little bird!!!