Saturday, June 11, 2011

Up and about

Good morning and happy Saturday to you! I've got a busy day ahead of me today! I've got to get to the grocery store this morning, go to a baby shower this afternoon, and then early this evening we are going to be hanging out with family members watching a show and playing games. In between all of this I'd like to clean my house up some so I can have tomorrow as a play day!

There are some wonderful new images at Squigglefly this morning. One of the images is a cute Fairy Klara by Jane Beljo and all of the proceeds from the sale of this image will go to Caylin's Cure. I had hoped to have something made with one of the new images, but it just never happened.

I needed another get well card for someone, and was told that she loves giraffes so I used the African Giraffe image to make her this


(click to enlarge)

I printed the sentiment at the same time as the image, and colored with Copic markers. The beads were some wooden ones I found in my stash.

There have been a few more entries in Squigglefly's blog challenge and you really should go see what people are doing. I am loving seeing such creativity and thought put into them! There's still time for you to play along too!

Enjoy your weekend, and thanks for looking!

13 comments:

Tammy said...

Terrific card Holly. Love the beads.

Stef H (Glitterbabe) said...

what a gorgeous giraffe and fabulous card!

then "they" wonder why people can't get jobs. it's ALL A FREAKIN' SCAM. yay america! get rid of the whole freakin' thieves, sex perverts, scam artists, liars and all the other MFers (sorry) in the gov't.

i really HATE THEM ALL!

keep up the search. i'm prayin you find just the right job!

hugs :)

*Vicki* said...

Really adorable card Holly!! I love the fun sentiment you've put with the image! I'll have to check out the new entries!! Smiles

Linda W. said...

Holly

Thank you for the push to help out the fundraiser with Fairy Klara's image. I have her up on my blog now. BTW I love that giraffe! :)

Vicki said...

Such a cute card Holly...loving the colors you used and you pulled off another awesome sentiment! Hope you have a good day and get everything done so you can play tomorrow! Have a great rest of your weekend!

HUGS!
Vicki

bumblebee creations said...

Have a great time Holly!!! We had an open house grad party to go to--it is still very cool here,, how about there? Love your card--love how you used just the top part of the giraffe!! Love the sentiment too!!

Marlene said...

Sweet giraffe. :) Love that twine (?) with the beads hanging off it you hung up there. Almost looks like fruit the giraffe is going to reach up and snatch! Heehee!

I see you're up to over 400 followers now. Go you!!

Dixieglitzie said...

Holly not only do I love this giraffe card but I LOVE the way you come up with PERFECT sentiments. Thanks again for sharing with us.

Pam in Ar. said...

Love the giraffe, the coloring is so vibrant :) Hope you had a productive Saturday and you get to play all day today (Sunday) Have a great rest of the weekend Holly :)

Dawn Frost said...

Awww she is adorable! Great get well card Holly hope you can play today!

Naomi said...

Adorable card, Holly! I found you at The Outlawz and am now a follower. Looking forward to seeing what you cook up in the future!

Hugs,
Naomi

Betty J Schaub said...

Oh Holly, the giraffe is my favorite animal next to dogs. This guy looks so sad. I love your color combination and the sentiment is too sweet.

Heather said...

Love the giraffe with the polka dot paper!

Lots of scam jobs out there- be careful.