Monday, May 30, 2011

Weigh To Go

Happy Memorial day everyone! I hope you are all enjoying your holiday and that you had a nice weekend. Mine has been pretty laid back. It's too hot to get out and do much so I stayed inside and got some cleaning and some crafting done.

Squigglefly is celebrating their 100th challenge today! Vicki has challenged us to use three of something on our projects, and I went with three circles.

(click to enlarge)

A friend of mine had lap band surgery a few months ago, and I was talking to her recently asking about her weight loss and she told me she had lost forty pounds so I thought I would make her a card to congratulate and encourage her.

I went with the Moment Of Truth image from Squigglefly and wrote the words "going down" on the scale. It's colored with Copic markers. The sentiment is computer generated. I embossed it just to add a little interest because it looked a little plain, but now I'm not so sure it was a good idea.

I hope you'll play along in the challenge too, and even if you don't be sure to go see what the design team has done. They always do such a fabulous job and never fail to inspire. Have a fantastic day, and thanks for looking!

13 comments:

*Vicki* said...

Hey Holly!! I love your triple circles and your embossing makes it all come together nicely!! Especially with that shimmer silver card stock!! I'm sure your friend will really appreciate this!! You're very thoughtful!! :) Enjoy your day! BIG HUGS

Shawna said...

I love it! It reminds me of how dieting is ----- going crazy. I think that embossing gives that feeling! Your frined will appreciate your thoughtfulness.

Jane said...

Cute...I think we need a line of cards for that "special" occassion!
Have a great Monday!

Tammy said...

Ah, what a sweet friend you are to give such a perfect card and sentiment to encourage a friend. Love the colors too.

Linda W. said...

Oh wonderful card Holly. I have a daughter in WW now - about a year and a half - lost about 80# to date - and each week I send her a different card to keep her encouraged and she keeps it on her work desk to ahelp stay on the straight and narrow. I have to go get this stamp now! You are quite the enabler!

bumblebee creations said...

Hi Holly! Love the card--love your sentiment you added to the scale too!!

Stephanie said...

The Going Down in the weight window is adorable. Great card.

Congrats to your friend, 40 pounds is terrific.

Linda said...

What a great card for your friend. She will love it.

Marlene said...

The embossing was a great idea! Congrats to your friend on her weight loss. I hope her recovery hasn't been too difficult.

Hope you had a fabby weekend, lady!

acreativeneed said...

Great card Holly! Love the shimmer and the embossing is fun!
smiles,Deena

Dawn Frost said...

I would never have used that folder, totally awesome what you did! I've always thought of it as a wedding or sentiment folder. Thanks for showing me what I can do with it!

Pam in Ar. said...

Great card Holly...I love the embossing, it really makes the card I think :)

Sara I. said...

What an awesome friend you are and she's lucky to have you!! Great job on this - the sentiment is perfect and love the embossing!