Monday, June 20, 2011

Birthday Hearts

Happy Monday morning everyone! Lots of stuff going on today! In just a couple of hours I will be driving to Tyler, Texas for a week of training. Yes, I got that job! Thank you for all of the prayers and support you've given me this past month while I was job hunting. This whole last week was a whirlwind of interviews and I found out Friday evening that they wanted me to start on Monday with a week of training in Tyler. Now, keep those prayers going just a teeny bit longer that I don't get completely lost driving there and back! LOL!

Today is also a brand new challenge on the Squigglelfy blog. This week is Chelsea's groups last time before the new design team takes over in July. Please be sure to go by, see what the challenge is and what they've done - and take the time to thank them for all the inspiration they've given us the last six months.

It's also an exciting day because today we reveal to you the new design team! Some of these names will be familiar to you, but there are a lot of fresh faces too. It is my honor to present to you Squigglefly's next group of unequivocal talent

Heather's Headliners

Holley Barnhart

Loretta Rodger

Stephanie Mino

Terri Fleming

Pat Martin

Debbie Ebat

Peggy Elms

Jill Dian


AND

Marlene's Marvels


Marlene Shaw

Dani Chapman

Janice Richardson

Rebecca Grohall

Kim O’Connell

Linda Weber

Deena Perreault

Rhonda Zmikly

Stephanie Clark

Jane Westling



Please go by their blogs sometime soon and give them a big welcome to Squigglefly!


Now after all of that, I do have a card to share with you!


(click to enlarge)

This is an image drawn by Joy Hall called Be Mine Mini Tree. I colored it with Copic markers and hand wrote the "happy birthday" sentiment on the tag. I wanted the ribbon on the card to match the ribbon tied around the pot, so I used some white gesso to paint white dots on my red ribbon. I like how that turned out!


My daughter shared a hilarious video with me and I just had to share it with you


If you can't see the video on my blog, you can view it on YouTube here
Well, I won't be back from my training until Friday, but I do have a couple of cards I've made that I'll set to post while I'm away. Have a wonderful day, and thanks for looking!

10 comments:

Carole RB said...

Hi Holly

Congrats for your new job. I wish you the best luck with it and hope it will bring you all the happiness a job we love can bring!

Have a nice week!

marilynprestonn said...

Congratulations Holly! I'm sure you'll do fine driving to Texas. So happy your search is over. Thank you for your warm welcome and that video is hilarious!

I want to thank you again for thinking of me at the suggestion of some kind souls...xo

Hugs, Peggy

Reflections from Granny said...

Love your card and this video is a hoot! Hugs, Lori m

Becky said...

What an awesome video..I love it. :)
oh ya, your card is adorable..:)

Tammy said...

I with you all the way. Have a safe trip and relax and enjoy your new adventure!

Love you card, such a sweet image. Now, I've GOT to watch the video!

bumblebee creations said...

Love your card Holly!!!! Good luck driving there and back!!

Elaine A said...

Congratulations Holly! So happy that everything turned out well for you. And thank you so much for that video, hysterical!

Elaine Allen

Marlene said...

Well, by now you've had your first day of training! Hoping it went well! Your card is adorable as heck...and I do wonder where you find the time to create while living life as fully as you do, lady! Go get 'em!

Marlene said...

Well, by now you've had your first day of training! Hoping it went well! Your card is adorable as heck...and I do wonder where you find the time to create while living life as fully as you do, lady! Go get 'em!

Dawn Frost said...

Congratulations Holly!!! I hope you have a fantastic fun filled week. Well as fun filled as you can while learning, lol!