Friday, June 3, 2011

Friends Make Life Better

Hi everyone! Well things are really getting real at my office. Yesterday people were coming in to look at our inventory to buy, and the people renting the building next door came in to see if they were interested in renting our building. It's still very sad. I have another job interview to go to today. I've been called in for several interviews this past week, but I've turned them down because they have all been located in Little Rock, and I do not like driving to Little Rock on a good day so I know I wouldn't want to fight the traffic every morning and evening.

The job I'm interviewing for today is nearer to my home and is for an accounting position. I spoke to the man I'll be interviewing with on the phone and he told me a bit about their accounting system which is one I don't know, but he seemed confident it would be easy to learn and I am pretty sure I'd be able to too. So we shall see how it goes.

One thing I know for sure is that having friends makes going through life's little crises more bearable, and that's what I had in mind when I made this card.


(click to enlarge)

I combined two of Nate Owen's images to make this. Cat Talk and Pup Dog make a cute pair don't you think? They're colored with Copic markers and I added chalk for the sky. The sentiment is computer generated and sponged with some Glorious Green ink.

Wish me luck on the interview, and thanks for looking!

15 comments:

Tammy said...

Fabulous idea to combine the two images! I love them both and I might have to try the two together. Wonderful coloring!

Dixieglitzie said...

adorable!!!

Sara I. said...

The two images work incredibly well together and love the embossing on the card. Fabulous sentiment and so very true.

Shawna said...

Cute, cute card! Keeping you in my thoughts and prayers for this interview......knock 'em dead Holly!

Reflections from Granny said...

So darn cute, love the faces and coloring you did. :) Hugs, Lori m

Dawn Frost said...

I LOVE those images. It reminds me of my dog Ryley and his friend Smurf! When he was 6 months old this cat popped out of the bushes and started to rub his head under Ryley's head. Both of us were so shocked we didn't know what to do! Ryley and Smurf were friends for about 2 years and then Smurf moved away. Now Ryley goes after cats like a regular dog, "sigh" oh well, it was nice while it lasted, lol! Fantastic card Holly.

Vicki said...

Holly this is so cute! Great job in combining the images! I wish you luck today with your interview. I have been through 2 plant closures so I know the not so good feeling you are feeling hon! Just remember God will be opening a new window for you!!!!

HUGS!
Vicki

Elaine A said...

Holly -

Wishing you lots of luck on your interview today! And I love your card. It is just so adorable.

Elaine Allen

Tracey said...

Good Luck for the interview Holly (I've got my fingers crossed).
Love this card & the sentiment is perfect.
Have a fabulous weekend!
Hugs
Tracey
xx

bumblebee creations said...

Good luck Holly!! I hope all goes well with the interview! These two look like they were supposed to belong together--great job combining them--they are adorable!!

Linda W. said...

Ace that interview Holly! You can do it! Love your card and your computer work! Have a great weekend.

Marlene said...

Awwww...that's adorable! Love your coloring skills, lady. Looks fantastic.

Linda said...

OH this is adorable!

*Vicki* said...

AWW! Now how precious this is!! I love your coloring and that image is just too sweet!! :)

Tina said...

Cute card!!! How did you combine the images?? Are they stamps?