Monday, June 27, 2011

I'm A Trained Monkey

Hi everyone! I'm back from my training in Tyler, Texas and I can't begin to tell you how nice it was to get back home. My week in Tyler was exhausting and overwhelming! I have had so much information thrown at me from so many directions, and I feel lucky to have retained a third of it. I do however think that once I learn everything I will really enjoy my new job.

Saturday I spent the day catching up on a few things around the house, and also going in to my former place of employment to do a few things. They haven't yet completely closed so my services will be needed there a bit longer. Then I went to the grocery store and did the weekly shopping. I organized the notes I had taken while training, and then we went to visit with my brother and sister in law.

Yesterday morning I was determined to get the weekly cooking done so I could have some card making time in the afternoon! I hadn't made a card in over a week and I was having serious crafting withdrawals!

Did you see the new images that were released at Squigglefly on Saturday? I could so relate to the Goodbye Cruel World image! That was how I felt on Friday night with all of that information swimming in my head! So, I decided to make a card for the girl who trained me using it.


(click to enlarge)

One of the things I love about making your own cards is the ability to personalize them to the occasion, and this is definitely one of those times when I never would have been able to find the perfect card in a store!

I also wanted to make a card for one of the cashiers who helped in my training. She is a really sweet, young girl who went out of her way to help me. I came in one morning to find that she had copied some things for me and had taken some notes on points she noticed I was having trouble remembering. It's not often you run across people who go out of their way to help someone like that. Here's the card I made for her.

(click to enlarge)

I used the Gone Bananas image by Jackie Mathews for her card which is another image that totally describes how I was feeling!

Both of these were colored with Copic markers and the sentiments were computer generated.

Today is Vicki's team's last time at the Squigglefly Blog Challenge. I hope you'll go by and let them all know how much you've appreciated them sharing their creativity with us and a special thank you to Vicki for giving us such fun challenges for the past six months!

I am not going to have as much crafting time as I used to have until I learn my new job better, so please bear with me! I will try to have something for you to see every other day. This is also cutting majorly into my time to visit your blogs and comment - so please don't get your feelings hurt if I don't get by for a while!

Have a wonderful day, and thanks for looking!

9 comments:

Linda said...

Two great cards Holly! Good luck on the job. Is today your first day?
I have to check out the new images. We have been at the cabin. There never is time to craft there.
Have a wonderful day1

*Vicki* said...

Yay Holly!! So glad you got through the training!! Your cards are totally adorable and I love how you've personalized them as well!! :) I'm sure they'll be appreciated!! Wishing you all the best with your new job hun!!

On another note, thank you for for everything hun!! It's always a pleasure working with you and of course I'm always going to follow you!! You're a true friend!! BIGGEST HUGS

Margaret said...

Brilliant cards and so perfect for the reason to make them. I particularly love the bananas :o)

Reflections from Granny said...

These are both stinking cute, I love your whimsical sentiments they add a little pizzazz to cards over the usual thinking of you things.

Hugs, Lori m

Tracey said...

Congratulations on your new job Holly! It's always daunting at first but I'm sure you will settle in quickly :)
Fabulous cards & such fun :)

Hugs
Tracey
xx

Tammy said...

So glad to know you survived training for your new job and volunteered to go back today! With these wonderful cards, everyone at your new place of employment will know what the crafting world already knows, you are one terrific, kind person!

Dawn Frost said...

lol I LOVE them! I really hope you enjoy your new job, especially with all the training you had to go through!

bumblebee creations said...

So glad you made it through your training in one piece! And both of your cards are just perfect!! Your almost daily posts will be surely missed for the time being though--so here is hoping you learn fast--heehee!

Marlene said...

LOL!! That monkey with all those bananas is cracking me up!! I'm glad you're back....and I'm sure you'll be up and at 'em at work in no time, and telling others how to do their jobs! LOL!