Thursday, June 9, 2011

On the Mend

Good morning everyone! I'm still on the job hunt. I went and filled out another application yesterday afternoon and will have to wait and see if I get a call back for an interview. I appreciate all good thoughts and payers!

I can't believe more of you haven't played along in Squigglefly's challenge this week! I'll admit it does make you think a little bit, but that's why it's a challenge! I do encourage you to try though, because it is a fun one and I'd love to see what you do.

I was in need of a get well card for a friend, so I made this for her


(click to enlarge)

The image is just one of TEN in a set from Squigglefly called Stitched With Love. I colored it with Copic markers. The sentiment is computer generated.
The background is different designer papers that are embossed after they were adhered to the card base. Then I punched holes and did some faux stitching with a sharpie pen.

I hope you have a really great day, and thanks for looking!

12 comments:

Vicki said...

Good morning Holly! Cute idea! You always come up with such cute cards and sayings to go with! Like the stitching you did too! Take care!

HUGS!
Vicki

Maria Matter said...

love the play on words here Holly, beautiful card with the embossing!
Hope all is well, best wishes on the job hunt!!!
hugs & blessings!

Reflections from Granny said...

Adorable Holly, I just love your cards the pretty and humorous ones.

Hugs, Lori m

Shawna said...

That perfect job is out there for you --- you just have to find it. In the meantime you can spend your time making adorable cards like this one! (I just made a card last week with that sewing machine image;great minds and all that :-)
Love the faux stitching and what you did with the background, too.

*Vicki* said...

WOW!! This is really gorgeous and elegant looking Holly!! LOVE the blue colors!! HUGS

Tammy said...

Wonderful patchwork quilt going on with this card. Love the colors and the image is perfect.

Linda said...

Another very clever card Holly. I love the image, papers and embossing you did. Great card!

Tracey said...

Fabulous card Holly & that sentiment works perfectly :)
Wishing you luck in your job search (something will turn up soon I'm sure)
Hugs
Tracey
xx

bumblebee creations said...

Gorgeous!!! What a perfect sentiment!! Love the colors too Holly!

Marlene said...

Ha ha - mend - I get it! Whoosh. (That was the sound of air going over my head because I had to read it twice to "get it". Just call me slow this evening!) Fabby card....love the colors you chose, very soothing.

Chris Olsen, Glowbug said...

I love that sentiment and image together!! How creative and fun!! Beautiful work Holly!!

Betty J Schaub said...

so pretty. the dsp and the embossing is lovely!