Thursday, June 2, 2011

Relaxing at the teaparty

Hi all! Yesterday was a new teaparty and Cindy wanted us to all learn synchronized swimming if you can believe that! I brought another little shy bear who tried to get into the spirit of things, but all that splashing was diluting my tea and making the cookies soggy, so this bear opted to paddle out to the deeper water and relax the day away. As hot as it's been relaxing in a pool of cool water sounds perfect!


(click to enlarge)
This image is Floating Bear and I used Copic markers to color him. The sky was done with chalks. I used some shiny origami paper to cut some flower shapes out of and used that to look like the hot sun shining down on him. A big yellow button in the center completed that.
My sentiment is computer generated.
The "synchronized" part of my card is the two rows of pierced scallops along the sides of the card.
Hope you are having a cool and relaxing day. It's supposed to be another sizzling hot day here!
thanks for looking!

8 comments:

Linda said...

This is so cute so is the story. I went an read the tea party post. That was a hoot. I uses to be a synchronized swimmer many years ago.

shawna said...

Cute card Hollly. Love your two rows of piercing and that little 'sun' flower is just the right touch!!!

Elaine A said...

Holly -

This is just adorable. That little bear looks as if he is just having a great day, just lazing about in the pool. Awesome card!

Elaine Allen

bumblebee creations said...

Awwhh.... how cute is that?!!! What an awesome card you have created!(and with such a cutie pie image-too!!)

Tammy said...

OMGoodness, such a cute, cute image! Love how he's colored.

Marlene said...

I LOVE your sun!!! That's craftastic! Adorable card, and so cheery, too!

Dawn Frost said...

I think this guy is just hilarious all flopped out on the tire! Great card Holly!

*Vicki* said...

Oh you know how I adore these fun Shy Bears!! This is just the perfect one to be using right now too!! ;) Love your accent with the button!!