Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Tropical vacation

Hi everyone! Gosh I don't know how I'm ever going to feel like I've got time to make cards again! there is absolutely not time for much after I get home from work, and right now I'm still going in to work at my old company one night a week and on Saturdays to help finish stuff up. So, today I have two cards for you but I might not have any on Friday as I had planned!

These two cards use images from the Tropical Fun Pack. Talk about a deal! This set has eleven different images in it for $4.00!



(click to enlarge)

This first card uses the umbrella chair. I colored with Copic markers and used chalk for the background. Then I used a speckled background stamp in some dark brown ink to get the speckled look in the sand. I paper pieced the umbrella, but once I had it on there the underside looked weird, so I used a craft knife to cut out the top layer of the paper and then I used a marker to fill it in. You can see how it looks now below. The sentiment is computer generated.


(click to enlarge)

The next card uses the same umbrella chair, but I cut it out and cropped off the umbrella. I paired it with the palm tree in the same set. Is it called a palm tree if there are coconuts in it or is it a coconut tree?


(click to enlarge)

This one was colored the same way with copic markers and chalk. The sentiment was computer generated, and I hope you do have a fabulous day! Thanks for looking!

15 comments:

Patricia St Martin said...

This is a really nice set and you did a great job. Perfect for this time of year. You sure are going to be a busy girl. Sometimes it is hard to get card done now, I hope you are happy with your new job.
Hugs

Tammy said...

Fantastic Holly! Love them both.

Shawna said...

I know exactly how you feel about less time for papercrafting, but you just do what you can do. Lovin' these two that you made though. Makes me want to go on vacation!!!

Dani said...

These cards are wonderful! In fact my daughter saw them and she loved how you made the sand. :)

Teresa Arsenault said...

I really like your sand. It looks marvelous.

Elaine A said...

Hi Holly -

Love how the cards turned out. Cutting out the underside of the umbrella was perfect, it looks really awesome now. And don't worry about us, blog when you get the chance. We know how busy you are these days.

Elaine Allen

Linda said...

Holly I have not posted in two days and I am retired. Here you are working two jobs and running a home and you still have two wonderful cards. I think the biggest time eater I have is this computer.
These are wonderful cards.

Teresa Arsenault said...

Hi Holly. I am a new follower. I found you at The Outlawz Follow Me forum. You can visit me at www.tickellexpressions.blogspot.com
Love your cards!
Teresa

Marlene said...

Love these, Holly. Beautiful. I could certainly handle being in that scene. ;)

I'm sure things will settle down somewhat for you. Until then - don't go too crazy, lady. Get it? CRAZY LADY...ha ha ha. Never mind.

Margaret said...

Lovely cards, summer here we come! :o)

Dawn Frost said...

Gorgeous cards Holly! Keep it up you'll have so much more time when the old company is finished and closed!

Roxann said...

Wowzer, Holly! These are fantastic! Love them both!

acreativeneed said...

These are fabulous Holly! What a great set and so versatile too. Thanks for sharing!
smiles,Deena

acreativeneed said...

These are fabulous Holly! What a great set and so versatile too. Thanks for sharing!
smiles,Deena

Stef H (Glitterbabe) said...

where's that straw!!!!! (post above)

niiiiiice!

hugs :)