Monday, June 6, 2011

What Holiday Is It?

Hi everyone! I hope you had a nice weekend. Ours was a lazy one. We celebrated our 35th anniversary yesterday by just hanging out in the air conditioning. My husband did fix me a nice dinner though!

Today is a new challenge on the Squigglefly blog, and it's fun one! The challenge is to make a holiday card, but use an image for a holiday other than the one it was intended for. The design team really did a great job with their cards. They got so creative with it, and you need to go by and see for yourself!

I picked out a birthday image from Squigglefly called Ant Birthday and turned it into a 4th of July card.


(click to enlarge)

I left off the ant carrying the birthday cupcake and turned the candle into a firecracker. I colored everything with Copic markers and printed the sentiment with my computer.
I hope you'll get a little creative and play along too! It's fun to do!
Have a fabulous Monday, and thanks for looking!

8 comments:

Reflections from Granny said...

What a Hoot!!! Too cute!

:) Lori m

Leslie G. said...

That is very cute -- I love the idea of the challenge -- will have to look at my stamps in a new way... **thinking**

Linda said...

What a great idea. You are so clever! Ants and the 4th perfect!

Shawna said...

What a creative challenge! You rocked it Holly!

Tammy said...

Very clever Holly. Love how its colored!

Happy Anniversary!

*Vicki* said...

Oh now Holly, this is such a clever idea!! I adore this image and what you've done with it is really awesome!! :) Great challenge idea and should get people thinking for sure! HUGS

Marlene said...

What a great way to dress up those ants! Way too cool!

Wish you could have hung out with us this weekend, Holly!

Betty J Schaub said...

you have a bang up 4th too and I hope the ants stay away!!! :O)