Monday, July 25, 2011

Coffee, Chocolate, and Kraft!

Happy Monday everyone! Did you get by Squigglefly over the weekend and look at the new images? If you haven't, you should go see because there are some absolutely fabulous ones and they have introduced a brand new artist LuLu Lancaster! Fans of steampunk will love LuLu's artwork!

I will have something to show you soon with one of the new images, but today I have a card that uses one of Joy Hall's images called Coffee and Chocolate. What could be better than that combination?





(click to enlarge)

This was done for yesterday's featured stamper challenge on Splitcoast Stampers. The card I CASED is THIS ONE.

I colored the image with Copic markers and colored pencils. The background was made with a pencil eraser and white pigment ink. I could have been a little straighter with my lines, but honestly I think the bit of crookedness makes you know it was hand made. (How's that for rationalizing?!) I added some crystal lacquer to the chocolate covered cherries. This is also for the challenge at Squigglefly's blog that just started today - Kraftastic! Marlene is challenging us all to use kraft card stock and that is what I used as the base of my card. Be sure to check out the blog to see the wonderful samples Marlene's Marvels have made for you, and pull out your kraft card stock and join us!

Enjoy your Monday, and thanks for looking!

18 comments:

Linda said...

Great card Holly! I love the sentiment. The crystal lacquer on the cherries make them look good enough to eat.
Have a wonderful Monday!

bumblebee creations said...

wow Holly- those cherries actually look real!! Love this card!

acreativeneed said...

Ooh, kraft and chocolate and coffee go so well together don't they! In fact I almost always have a coffee, and sometimes some chocolate, when Krafting! heehee Love your card Holly! I will have to go get this image for sure!
hugs,Deena

Stephanie aka Nerdette said...

Great home made DP. I hadn't noticed the lines weren't straight myself, I honestly thought it was purchased DP. Very clever.

Tammy said...

Really pretty Holly. Love the background you created for the yummy image.

Dixieglitzie said...

adorable...as always!

Marlene said...

SCRUMPDELICIOUS!!!!! Those cherries look so freaking REAL! Awesome card, Holly!! Thanks for playing along. :)

Dani said...

I am soooo loving your card! Perfection in every way!

Pam in Ar. said...

Now this card I can relate to! Coffee and chocolate, what more could a person ask for (maybe more choc. & Coffee LOL) I love how you did the cherries, they look good enough to eat!
Have a great Monday yourself Holly...and STAY COOL!!!!!!!!

Sharron aka Sharrahug said...

Hi Holly!
Love your chocolate & coffee card. What a yummy combo!
I just joined the Outlawz & have become your newest follower. I would love for you to visit my blog Sharrahug’s Sweet Blessings
Have a wonderful day!
Huggies ~
Sharron♥

Stef H (Glitterbabe) said...

those cherries look delicious! very pretty card!

hugs :)

JD said...

Very creative with how you did the background...must try that...smile...Coffee and chocolate two of my favorites...so you know I would really love this card...LOL

Dawn Frost said...

Awesome background, I would have thought you'd stamped it!

Roxann said...

This card is just DELISH! Love the gloss on the cherries!

Heather said...

Great new image! And I love your handstamped background. I agree- a little imperfection is what handmade is all about.

freida said...

WOW! This looks FABULOUS.... and my fav color combo too! Must use this sentiment...such a unique one! And OHHH your background....FANTASTIC job! This looks incredible! I love Kraft, but always forget to use it. I need to pair it up with this blue and give it a whirl! Thanks for the inspiration!

I'll still be in 'n out because Carson had all 4 wisdom teeth cut out this week so Mom is playing nurse! Poor baby... looks like a chipmunk!

Hugs~

Maria Matter said...

Holly, this is really beautiful...love the polka dots!
hugs & blessings

Lynnor said...

Love the sentiment on this one and the chocolate covered goodies on the saucer are awesome!