Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Feathered Friend

Happy hump day! (even though it's not officially hump day yet! I had this set to post Wednesday morning and blogger has chosen to go ahead and post it early.) I'm happy to report to you all that as of yesterday afternoon I am once again employed. I will begin my job later on this afternoon. This morning I am going to get a background check and a driving record check done, and once I've got that I will go to my new job! I'll let you all know how I like it once I've been there a bit. For now, it just feels good to have a job again. I am not cut out to stay home all day long.

Today I wanted to share a card I made for the featured stamper challenge on Splitcoast Stampers this past Sunday. If you would like to see the card I CASED, it can be seen HERE. And, here is the card I made




(click to enlarge)


My bird image is from Squigglefly and is called Feathered Friend. I colored it with Copic markers and sponged a little Taken With Teal ink around the edge of the image panel. The sentiment was computer generated.

I used parts of a nestabilities die for the decorative bits on either side of the panel, and added pearls.


If you're looking for a fun challenge to join, check out the Heavy Metal challenge at Squigglefly! Have a fantastic day, and thanks for looking!

8 comments:

Marlene said...

Adorable card....reminds me of one of the birds in the Partridge Family intro! LOL! Remember that old 70's show?

Congrats on the new job! Wow lady, you're amazing. Another new job so quickly....I hope it works out for you.

Reflections from Granny said...

So pretty, :) Hugs, Lori m

Tammy said...

Terrific card Holly. Congratulations on the new job. Hope you like it.

Dawn Frost said...

Congratulations Holly! Not only on getting a job but on your card.

Linda said...

Beautiful card Holly!
Congrats on the new job! Your feeling are a good indication. What are you going to be doing? I have my fingers crossed for you.
Good Luck

Pam in Ar. said...

AWESOME news about your job Holly....hope you love it! Love the card, Happy Hump Day to you too :)

bumblebee creations said...

WOW! And everyone says it is so hard to find a job right now---and you have found several--you go girl!!! Love your bright and colorful card--so cheerful!

freida said...

I tried to post my comment yesterday, but our net was not cooperating! This is one of my all-time fav bird images and I love how you used it here with this DP! WOW! Looks FABULOUS!

Congrats on the new job, girlie!
I'll be thinking of you! ; )
Hugs~