Tuesday, July 5, 2011

The Good Ole Summertime

Hi everyone! I hope your fourth of July celebration was a fun one. Yesterday I worked on a card for the Squigglefly challenge In the good Ole' Summertime. to me summer is all about escaping the heat, and the best way to do that is to relax in a Cool Pool, and this image drawn by Teresa Ward was perfect!



(click to enlarge)

I used copic markers to color and added a bit of stickles to make the water sparkle in the sun. The sentiment was computer generated and I added a couple of light green square gems to either side of it.

Today I am making calls on jobs and sending out resumes. I've also got to get my car into the shop because we noticed a tack was in one of the tires and it was getting low! Wish me luck!

10 comments:

Linda said...

Great Card! GOOD LUCK on they job hunt today.

Tammy said...

Awesome card Holly. Love how the water glistens. It is refreshing just looking at it.

Good luck on the job hunt.

Jane said...

AHHHHHH....could use a dip in the pool myself! Cute card.

Pam in Ar. said...

Love this card :) Good luck today on your job hunt!!

Dawn Frost said...

Love the glazed look of the water. Good luck with your job hunting!

Stephanie said...

Just perfect, Holly!!! love the Stickles on the water. What a great effect! Good luck on those calls and resumes!

Maria André said...

Hi!
I am a new follower and found your blog through The Outlawz Follow Me Forum.
You have a lovely blog! Gonna enjoy looking back and to follow forward :)

xx/MulleSnuttan

Marlene said...

Oooh, I love how you did the water! Nicely done.

Try to enjoy a bit of your summer...the job will come soon enough. :)

Chris Olsen, Glowbug said...

Ohh! That looks like the ultimate of relaxing!! Wish I were her. Love your water!
hugs,
Chris

Stef H (Glitterbabe) said...

one of my fav images. wish that was me!!!!

hugs :)