Thursday, July 14, 2011

I Really Dig You

hi everyone! Well I passed my background check and my driving record has also passed muster, so that means I will begin my new job on Monday. I'm really glad that I don't have to start work today, because today is the day my best friend's grandson is going to be born and I want to be at the hospital with her to help welcome him to this world.

I am leaving in just a bit to meet her and we will enjoy a breakfast together and then head to the hospital to wait. I will share pictures later!

Today i wanted to share a card I made for a challenge on the Outlawz. We were to make something that showed things we find in our garden, and if any of you know Riley, then you know that we often find her digging something in the yard, so I thought the Digging Dog image from Squigglefly was appropriate.


(click to enlarge)

I colored this with Copic markers and used chalk for the sky. The sentiment was computer generated. The border was made with a Fiskars embossing punch.

I hope you have a really wonderful day, and thanks for looking!

11 comments:

Tammy said...

Too cute Holly, love the "tail wag" and your coloring.

Dawn Frost said...

What an exciting day you have planned! I love your card, lol. I would go ballistic if I found our dog Ryley digging in our back yard. As it is I couldn't let him out this morning because the squirrels were at it again and he'd bark his head off and wake the neighbours!

Becky said...

haha, great card and great sentiment.

freida said...

Oh I can SOOO relate to this! I think Molly thinks she can dig her way to China by the depth of her holes!

Your sentiment couldn't be more fitting, and I love this design...especially that cool border! I'm so out of the loop with all these new fun tools, I may just have to treat myself! HA!

I hope everything goes well for the 'blessed' event! I know how excited your friend must be to become a grandmother! There is no greater honor! ...... Girls, are ya listening??? ; )

Hugs~

freida said...

Wups.... forgot my congratulations! (Doing cartwheels here!) Guess they didn't find out about our 'bust-the-budget' charges at Archivers in Memphis!!! whewww!!!
Congrats babe.... hope it's just what you were looking for!
: )

Hugs~

Stephanie said...

Dog-Gone cute card! Okay, sorry......I couldn't resist! LOL Congrats on passing all those checks and starting on Monday. Let's hope that this one is more your fit than the last one. You deserve to work somewhere you feel good about!

Anonymous said...

Hi Holly,

That is a really cute card. I could blackmail someone in a pretty card and say I had been digging up dirt on them or something!

I'm happy you have a new job on Monday. I sure hope you LOVE it!

Terri
Brat Cards @ SCS

Linda said...

Your card really made me smile today. So clever.
So happy you could be with your friend on her special day.Being a grandparent is a wonderful new beginning.

bumblebee creations said...

oh - how did I miss this one? Awesome card Holly!

Marlene said...

What a fabulous card! Why have I never noticed that digi before? I love it!

Pam in Ar. said...

awesome news Holly.....what kind of job are you going to be doing??