Thursday, July 21, 2011

Need Milk?

Hi everyone! Happy Thursday to you! Hope the world is treating you well. My world has been busy, busy, busy! I seriously haven't had much time at all. I have a dentist appointment this afternoon and have to leave work a couple of hours early, so the past few days I've been working late to make up for it. Seriously though, even if I wasn't making up time I'm taking off I'd probably have to stay late just to catch up on things. This place has needed to hire someone for a long time and they've just been making do with temps so they are so far behind and very disorganized. My plan is to get them organized once I catch up on the things that are urgent. I really can't wait to get started on the organization part though as it will make my job much easier having that done!

Anyway, enough of that - let's get on with some fun stuff and the reason you come to my blog in the first place - a CARD!


(click to enlarge)

I had a lot of fun coloring this image. It's called Wanna Milk A Cow? and is drawn by Lynne Stansbery. I had a little bit more trouble coming up with a sentiment I liked, but in the end I went with a twist on the old Oreo commercial "Got Milk?" I think the fruit in the basket could be apples, but I went with peaches.

It's colored with Copic markers and chalk and the sentiment is computer generated. I hope you all understand that I'd love to be visiting your blogs and seeing your artwork, but right now it's just not possible. The weekends is about all the time I have to do that! It'll get better soon (knock on wood!)

If you are lucky enough to have some crafting time available - please go by and play in Squigglefly's Hang Ten Challenge this week! Be sure to check out Squigglefly on Saturday morning for all of the new releases. There are some wonderful new ones coming and they are introducing a brand new artist who I'm sure you'll all love!

Thanks for looking!

9 comments:

Dawn B. said...

This image is neat. It reminds me of my daughter. Great card. Congrats on finding a new job. I am hoping it all works out....

bumblebee creations said...

this image looks so great all colored up!! love your card Holly! Glad you seem to like this job a bit better than the last one!

Reflections from Granny said...

Holly you amaze me, your coloring is always perfect for no matter what stamp you use and your sayings are just a hoot! Love the Jester card and all of your work.

Hugs, Lori m

Faith A said...

Love your sense of humour, this is such a flirty card :)

Tammy said...

Fantastic Holly. Awesome coloring and terrific sentiment.

freida said...

Well I can honestly say I have milked a cow before, but I never looked like this! Girls are just built better today than we were way back then! LOL ; ) Another one of Lynne's masterpieces and I love your catchy sentiment with it! Just too cute! I still say I want to color just like you when I grow up.... such fabulous shading and highlights! It still takes me forever, not to mention starting over many times, just to get my coloring passible! UGH! I bet you get yours done right the first time, and in record time! Oh well, I'll just continue to dream! : )

I hope you have good results at the dentist. What a way to spend a birthday! YUK! ; )

Hugs~

Pam in Ar. said...

Happy Birthday Holly!!!! Love, LOve LOVE the card and am so glad you think you'll like this job!!!!

Dawn Frost said...

Great card Holly, love the sentiment.

Marlene said...

Oooh, she's a sexy hot little milk mama, isn't she? Oh well...that didn't come out quite right.

Never mind...