Sunday, July 10, 2011

rudolph

Hi everyone. Sorry it's been a few days since I last posted anything. Job hunting right after working two weeks at a new and extremely stressful job just takes the creativity out the window!

The heat here has been unbearable. We have been on high alert the past couple of days with our heat index in the 105 degree range. Needless to say, I've been indoors avoiding it at all costs. I thought trying to make some Christmas might make me feel a little cooler. I kept trying to think to myself as i was making this "by Christmas I'll be employed".


(click to enlarge)

Marla Shega has some of the most wonderful images at Squigglefly, and this darling Rudolph just drew me in. I colored with Copic markers and dotted a bit around him for the background. I used a red button on his nose and printed the sentiment out with my computer.

Today is the very last day to enter Squigglefly's "Good Old Days of Summer" challenge, so if you've got a card you've been meaning to enter you shouldn't hesitate any longer! I'm hoping the creativity flows a little better for me today. I'm going to start by checking out Splitcoast Stampers featured stamper challenge. Enjoy your Sunday, and thanks for looking!

10 comments:

Becky said...

Oh my Word!! How dang gone cute is this! I love that red button for his nose. :)

Dawn Frost said...

Rudolph is a fantastic Christmas card! I'd be hiding too with a 105 degrees!!! Oh my, lol, stay cool!

bumblebee creations said...

so so cute--I admit-the colder weather isn't sounding all bad right now--although we have it not nearly as hot as you all do! Love the card Holly--good luck with the job hunting!!

Tammy said...

Adorable Holly! Love his red button nose, too clever and cute.

Linda said...

Oh so cute! I love the button nose.

Linda said...

Oh so cute I love the button nose.

Marlene said...

Too cute!! You should have saved this one for an upcoming challenge...buttons...hint hint. ;)

The creativity bug will bite you in the arse again soon enough. Take the time to de-stress.

Oh, and it's bloody hot here, too. I hate it. I think perfect weather would be 75 and no humidity!

Reflections from Granny said...

So pretty and I love anything Christmas related. Tossing wishes that the perfect job comes right to you soon. Hugs, Lori m

acreativeneed said...

So cute with his button nose Holly! Wishing you lots of luck and good intuition as you hunt for that new job! Hugs,Deena

Pam in Ar. said...

Let it Snow, Let it Snow, Let it Snow.....I feel your pain with this heat! This card makes me feel cool :)