Thursday, July 7, 2011

A Year Without Summer

Hi everyone! Well, the place I quit tried to get me to come back, but I told him I knew it wasn't for me. To tell you the truth, I don't think it's for him either. I think he is too nice to be partners with the store in Tyler, and my prediction is that before long he will sell his share of the store here to them and be on his way to something else. I did go on an interview for a job yesterday, and I think the interview went really well but I have reservations about this place. One thing that's a red flag is that there are about five open positions right now and it's got me wondering what's wrong with the place that so many places need to be filled. I have a feeling they will be calling me soon to offer the position to me, and I'm not sure I'd take it with what my gut is telling me.

Today someone called me in response to my resume and I have a phone interview set up for Monday morning. I am hoping to find out a little more about what this position entails before the actual interview so I will know if it's something I want or not. Wouldn't it be nice if we could just work a day or two on a trial basis before we have to decide?

Well, I had another summer time image printed out for the In The Good Old Summertime challenge going on at the Squigglefly blog, so I thought I'd go ahead and color it. This is one of my favorite Shy Bear images called Tubin' Bear.


(click to enlarge)

I colored this with copic markers and went with hot colors. The sky is chalked. I found this old Swedish proverb and printed it out with my computer. I actually think that a year without summer would be fantastic, but I'm sure the author of this quote loved summer!
To make the sun glinting on the water, I added some stickles.

I wish you all a fantastic summer's day, and thanks for looking!

13 comments:

Stephanie said...

Holly........I just love this image! Amazing how different it can look from one person's card to another. Good luck on those job interviews.....but, I say, go with your gut on the first one. You'll find something you love.

artfuldelight said...

Holey moley that image is adorable (and colored so beautifully) Your card is fabulous. TFS!! Good luck with the job interviews. :-)

Dawn Frost said...

Fantastic job with the shybear, so totally adorable! Good luck with the job, trust your gut!

Tammy said...

Sweet refreshing summertime card. And I agree with you and everyone else, trust your gut!

Kim said...

Great card Holly!!!!!I hope something comes up soon for you!

Tina said...

Just found your blog on the outlawz.. so I will be a follower!!!
Always go with what your gut tells you! I didn't ,quit a stable job for something that sounded to good to be true. mommy hours ,if my son was sick it was ok to not work..etc... long story short was they didnt know how to run a business ,laid me off end of May 2010 and were closed down July leaving everything in the shop and pretty much disappeared !! Something will come along and you will know it is the right job.. off to look at some of your cards :)

bumblebee creations said...

Hey Holly!! Love your card!!! What a bright and cheerfully colored card---gorgeous! I could go for Autumn all year long!

Vicki said...

Hello Holly! I think your gut instinct may be right! You WILL find the right job for you. I really love that shy bear image too and you did a great job with all the colors! Very summery! Love the water! Hope you had an awesome summer day!

HUGS,
Vicki

Marlene said...

You just know the right job will come along. Heck, you get more interviews than most people I know looking for work! Have you clipped a pic of some sexy leg to your resume, woman? LOL. I'm sure you're very skilled and will fit just perfectly with the right employer.

Your card is gorgeous. I LOVE that shy bear image. Adorable - and colored so cutely, too.

Stef H (Glitterbabe) said...

oooooooooooooooo! now THAT'S relaxing!

hang in there sweetie. sit back and just enjoy NOT working!

hugs :)

Roxann said...

Love your fuzzy, wuzzy bear summer card, Holly! Your little bear looks absolutely fuzzy!
Hugz,
Roxann

my little scrapping corner said...

sweet card. love it. what a cute stamp.

I am a new follower/subscribed and found your blog through The Outlawz Follow Me Forum

wannabcre8tive said...

This is just adorable.