Monday, August 15, 2011

Blue Bird

I have a great blog candy going on! If you want to be in the drawing for it go read THIS POST


Good morning and Happy Monday everyone! Thanks so much for the "everyone's human and makes mistakes" comments about my ad error. Ya'll know how to make a girl feel better!

This weekend I was saddened by the news that our dear blogging friend and former Squigglefly DT member Stef aka Glitterbabe lost her husband Clyde. I sat down to make a sympathy card for her as soon as I heard. Please keep Stef in your prayers while she adjusts to life without Clyde.



(click to enlarge)

The image is one of the birds from Angie Davis's Wishing Birds. I printed it twice - once on to card stock and once on to paper. I cut the paper one out and used it as a mask while I brayered on some ink for the background.

The bird was colored with Copic markers and I printed the sentiment with my computer. I drew thin white lines down the outside edges and then frayed the card stock a bit with some scissors. The mask left a little bit of a white shadow near the bird where the brayer couldn't cover, so I filled that in with a Copic marker.

Today is a brand new challenge on the Squigglefly blog! Be sure to go see what Heather has challenged everyone to do. I know the Headliners will inspire you with their creativity!

Have a wonderful day, and thanks for looking!




8 comments:

Linda said...

You card is wonderful. I sent on also. I am so sad for Stef.
Have a wonderful day.

Dawn Frost said...

Very nice HOlly, cute and simple! Great brayering on the background and shading.

Mel M. M. McCarthy said...

I am so sorry to hear about Stef's loss. Sending hugs. Your card is lovely & I'm sure it will bring her comfort to know you're there.

Anonymous said...

Hi Holly,

This is a beautiful card. I always like the details you come up with such as white lines that get frayed.

I am very sorry to hear about Steph's loss. That's a hard one.

Hugs,
Terri / Brat

bumblebee creations said...

oh my goodness--that is bad news!! I do love your card thought Holly---love the background for your birdie!!

Pam in Ar. said...

My thoughts go out to Stef and her family...thanks for letting us know. As usual, great job on the card :) Have a great week Holly...how's the job going now??

Elaine A said...

Oh Holly -

Please offer her my condolences. My heart and prayers go out to her.

Elaine Allen

Marlene said...

Such a pretty card...and Stef is such a wonderful person. I'm sure she will love this.