Monday, August 29, 2011

FS, SFC, and FB

Hi everyone, and happy Monday to you! I supposed if you are an avid Squigglefly follower like me, you probably noticed that there wasn't a new release this weekend. Never fear though - Squigglefly has SO MANY images that on the weeks there isn't anything new - it's the perfect time to go back and look through what they do have. You never know what you may have missed!

Yesterday was the Featured Stamper challenge on Splitcoast Stampers and I found several cards in the gallery that I loved. When I saw what Heather's challenge on the Squigglefly Blog was this week, I thought it was the perfect combination of challenges!

Heather's challenge is Writer's Cramp - Use chalk (any kind), pencil, ball point pen, highlighter or crayons on your project or use a school themed image or sentiment on your project. I thought it was the best thing to combine with a couple of cards in the gallery and use colored pencils on kraft card stock - one of my favorite combinations!

The first card from the featured stamper's gallery I chose is THIS ONE and here is my card


(click to enlarge)

The image I used is Retro Tulips by Jane Beljo. I used colored pencils to color and sponged some Real Red and Only Orange ink around the edge of the kraft card stock. Then I used a white gel pen on parts of the tulips. The sentiment is one I printed on my computer. I'm happy to share it with you all


Just click on the image and then right click and save it.

I have another card to share with you! this is another one I did from the Featured Stamper's gallery. The card I picked was THIS ONE, and here is my card


(click to enlarge)

My image is one of the flowers from Flowers Set by Lynne Stansbery. If you are ever at a loss for an image, this flower set is perfect! It's got four different flowers in it, and flowers are great for birthday cards, anniversary cards, congratulations cards, thank you cards, sympathy cards, and just plain old "I'm thinking of you" cards!

Again, I printed this image on to kraft card stock and used colored pencils to color with. I was intrigued by the white leaves on the card I was CASING, so I stuck with that idea on my card also. the sentiment was computer generated, and again I'll share it with you!




I really hope you'll try to play along in the Squigglefly blog challenge this week. It's the last week to get something extra added to my blog candy if you happen to be the lucky winner!

oh by the way, if you're wondering what all the acronyms in my title are - the FS is Featured Stamper, the SFC is Squiggle Fly Challenge, and the FB is Free Bee! Have a wonderful day, and thanks for looking!

14 comments:

PatsyB said...

Thanks so much for the free sentiments. I am always looking for new ones and these are fantastic!! Love your cards!

LaVerne said...

Thanks so much for the free sentiments. I love them both.

*Vicki* said...

Hi Holly!! Just popping in here sweetie to say hello!! :) Love your gorgeous flowers and the technique you've used on them!! Those sentiments are awesome!! Hope you are doing well!! HUGS

Dawn Frost said...

Wow you were busy on the weekend! Maybe you've been inspired because of your new job! Both cards are fantastic. I've got to try colouring on kraft, I just got some prisma pencils! Have a great week Holly

Tracey said...

These are beautiful cards Holly & thank you for the wonderful sentiments I am sure they will come in very handy :)
Hugs
Tracey
xx

scrappinkaren said...

Thank You for the sentiments. These will be very useful.

Betty J Schaub said...

Hello Sweetness!
Been a while since I came around to check out your creations. I love both of your cards this week! But the Tulips really are stunning. You color so well. TFS

Tammy said...

Both of your cards are beautiful! Thanks for the sentiments, you can never have too many!

Elaine A said...

Holly -

Love how these look. And thank you for the sentiments. You are such a sweetheart? Hope you were not affected by Irene?

Elaine Allen

bumblebee creations said...

Holly-thanks for the awesome sentiments! I love both of your cards! thanks for playing along with the SF challenge!

Linda said...

Wow Holly the cards are wonderful and that is so nice of you to give the sentiments. I should learn how to do that. Do you create them in Photo Shop?
Thanks so much!
Hugs,
Linda

marilynprestonn said...

Just love your flower cards Holly! I just love how you colored them in. Beautiful talent you have there Love to see them on kraft cardstock different and clever. :)Peggy

Dixieglitzie said...

Holly, you are such a sweet heart...thank you for sharing your sentiments. :)

Heather said...

Awesome cards! I always loved that Retro Tulip image. Colored pencils are so refreshing once in a while