Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Magnifico!

I have a great blog candy going on! If you want to be in the drawing for it go read THIS POST

Hi everyone - happy hump day! for me it's extra special because it's also pay day! Wait - I'm not so sure about that because every time I see my pay check I realize how underpaid I am! Well, on to better and more fun things! I have a card to share with you today that uses one of the images that was just released at Squigglefly this week. This is from Suzanne Urban and is called Four Star Chef. Suzanne has such unique characters in her artwork. I am always smiling when I'm coloring her images.


(click to enlarge)

This image actually comes with words that say "From the four star kitchen of" and there's a line to write your name, but I just wanted to make it into a card so I erased the words and line prior to printing.

I love how the chef is actually floating because the aroma of his magnificent dish just lifts him up! It was a quick card to make as there is minimal coloring. The sentiment was computer generated and printed directly onto the designer paper.

If you are already signed up for my blog candy, don't forget that there is something extra in it for the winner if they've participated in at least ONE Squigglefly blog challenge during the month of August!

I hope you have a really wonderful day, and thanks for looking!

12 comments:

Linda said...

Ahhh this is Magnifico! I love that word and your card is just that.

Dawn Frost said...

I love the embossing on the background, great image Holly!

Shawna said...

What can I say? MAGNIFICO!!!

terriavidreader (IN-USA) said...

Hey lady, great card.

Elaine A said...

Holly -

That card and chef are "tres chic"! So adorable, I really love how it turned out.

Elaine Allen

Tammy said...

Terrific card Holly and the sentiment is perfect! The background is beautiful!

Chris Olsen, Glowbug said...

What a fun image!! Love him!! Gorgeous design with the sentiment!! Beautiful work Holly!
hugs,
Chris

weatkins said...

Hey, Holly. I just happened to see your blog and decided to check it. When I saw your card I thought, "Oh, cute.... a little card on top of a card!" I thought the little chef was a card that would open up! I was really impressed with the embossing, too.

Marlene said...

This card is hilarious and cute...and I agree, her images are adorable. LOVE it. Love the colors you chose, too.

Sharon Jones said...

Holly! You did a great job on this card! I love it!

Reflections from Granny said...

Cute, just love your work.

Hugs, Lori m

Dixieglitzie said...

so stinkin' cute holly...your work always puts a :) on my face.

do you have a tutorial on "erasing" using pse? if not, would u consider making one ....u know, when ever u have a "what can i do today" day. lol

i appreciate all you do to help us holly...thanks.